Thanks guys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
this is the stove i almost bought a month ago for 1800 he said is was 2 years old http://providence.craigslist.org/for/2769148629.html the truth finally came out as NOW he said it needs a control board glad i was told here to stay away from the older models

My understanding in regards to the older models is that as long as it has the upgraded burnpot and revised control board they are fine.

Control board is like $500 though, and who knows if it would even work after replacing that.

while i was there looking at it and the guy seen i knew what i was talking about, he came clean and told me the stove was nothing but a nightmare since he owned it thats why it was only used 2 seasons he had enough

Nice. It wouldn't be a bad deal for someone with the know-how to get it up to snuff.

oldmountvernon said:
this is the stove i almost bought a month ago for 1800 he said is was 2 years old http://providence.craigslist.org/for/2769148629.html the truth finally came out as NOW he said it needs a control board glad i was told here to stay away from the older models

I always try to verify age on used stuff, as people seem to forget how old their stuff is.

John97 said:
My understanding in regards to the older models is that as long as it has the upgraded burnpot and revised control board they are fine.

Control board is like $500 though, and who knows if it would even work after replacing that.

06 was the first year of the AE and it took quite some time for quad to work out all the bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.