Thanks to all for advice - I'm up and running with my new EKO! WOOHOO!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipstr

Hearth Supporter
Oct 12, 2008
central Vermont
I found this site in January of 2008 and found it to be the most helpful with my overall research. THis site specifically, assisted me with making my final decisions. My current heating arrangement consisted of basebaord hot water, 2 zones, and a hot water superstore. I purchased the EKO 25 from CozyHeat with alot of help from Dave and Andy.
I also have 500 gallons of pressurized storage using 2 250 gallon propane tanks that I purchased from a local propane dealer (for $195/each). I had access to welding and was able to set up the tanks stacked using existing fittings - supply on the top and return on the bottom. I had my first fire 9/20. After 12-15 hours of burning, I let it die, flushed the system and refilled it and we've been using it ever since. I'm up and running with minimal tweaking!
Currently, due to weather, I'm not requiring full heat, so therefore am using the system predominantly for domestic hot water. I go 5 days between burnings to keep water at wife's comfort level. Thanks for all the postings - they ALL have been very helpful! Anyone that is in this area that would be interested in seeing the system I've implemented, please feel free to contact me - would love to show it off! (it's a passion now!)

Congratulations and sounds like your ready for winter. If you get a second could you post a picture of the tanks and how you stacked and hook them physically together. Sound just like how nofossil suggested the tanks and I'm wondering if two 250 stacked would be better than one 500 for stratification.

*Edit* - I just read your other post so know I understand better. Sounds excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.