That's it! I'm getting one of these delivered....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like someone has quite a stacking job ahead of them.

Reactions: ScotO
How does it work? I couldn't figure it out.
I'm guessing some kind of apron chain/conveyer system.

Actually now that I watch it again, in the end of the vid you can see the wood reciprocate. Maybe a false front that ratchets to the rear using a movable floor?

That's called a walking floor trailer. They're used up here all the time to haul wood chips. Pretty neat to see it used for hauling firewood.

Here's a video of how it works.

Nice! That ought to get a couple families through the winter anyway! ;)

Maybe I could get a load of Oak to Alaska at reasonable cost with a trailer load like that.
Well I can dream :)

Fat chance Dave.

We used to get mulch delivered in one of those trailers. A lot safer than a dump bed trailer (we had one go over once).

I wonder how they load it? Conveyor maybe? A full trailer would be about 12 - 15 cord, give or take.

I saw something like this on another message board - much smaller in size but seemed workable...

The guy had a trailer about 8x12 with 2' sides. Towards the front end of the trailer he attached a metal plate to a winch cable, the plate being 2' tall x the width of the trailer. The cable wrapped around and underneath the trailer about 1'. He ran the cable from his winch under the trailer and when it came time to 'dump' he just ran up the cable on his winch. Worked pretty slick - a 'self unloader'.

Edit: I found a link to what I was trying to describe: http://www.youtube.com/embed/xthQjy5XPx0
and here's more info on it: http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/170634.htm

Shari

Status
Not open for further replies.