The Amazing Free Flow stove is back - be the first to have something truly different!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
These are really cool:
http://www.bullerjan.com/web/en/bullerjan-DESIGN.html
158_2.jpg

Man, Ive already discussed getting a blaze king kong, the new tertiary burn from woodstock and possibly making my own masonry heater for the garage. If I even mention something about this stove to the wife she will kick my sorry a$$ out for sure. How long would I have to wait to get 2 of these?

An Elm with headers. Or a barrel stove with a nice stand. Can't decide. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
An Elm with headers. Or a barrel stove with a nice stand. Can't decide. :lol:

The first one, but I was thinking velocity stacks! lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI2C0HFqwYq4ofOjXIpac5NY6GAnuibEdJdXykpooaJoNDM7ssLQ.jpg

Flames on the side need to be candy apple red. I like the Design unit a bit better. And they have one for the stoners too.

I didn't find any EPA testing on these units. Any idea of how cleanly they burn?

Attachments

• 158_1.jpg
    158_1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,146
  • 159_1.jpg
    159_1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,268
I can't wait for the first post asking where to put the thermometer. And hints on getting an overnight burn.

I wonder how many euros for these units.
Will

Sweet!

Here's my fave:

http://www.bullerjan.com/img/art_large/159_2.jpg

And, with only minor modifications, during the off season it makes a great bong!

The site is full of pretty pictures, with only one item under technology--talking about how fantastic those convection tubes are--they make physics work for you!!! Nothing about burn technology, specifications, output, clearances, etc. I think that says it all.

Hey BrotherBart, would you explain the alcove requirements to me? :)

And Craig, that new face cream is working wonders.

BeGreen said:
Flames on the side need to be candy apple red. I like the Design unit a bit better. And they have one for the stoners too.

I didn't find any EPA testing on these units. Any idea of how cleanly they burn?

Why, clean enough to put a $5,000 grand piano in the same room and not have to worry about dust and soot, obviously! :lol:

Though the design may be functional, I find this stove to be unsightly. Just my opinion.

I like the ones with the brick outers, not for the looks but for the heat retention. If they could improve the look, soapstone would have met its match! Maybe with one piece, stained and polished concrete instead of stock bricks.

I always thought the tubes should be closer to the floor where the air is cooler. They could do that with a double curve S design rather than a stand.

Wow, blast from the past. Air blast that is. Darnel's invention is still going.

Seriously though, do the tubes actually help convection? Has there ever been a scientific test?

Pagey said:
BeGreen said:

Why, clean enough to put a $5,000 grand piano in the same room and not have to worry about dust and soot, obviously! :lol:

And clearly you don't have to worry about heat, either! Grand piano + heat on one side = not-so-grand piano

I am thinking that the primary function of the tubes is to increase the surface area exposed to the heat source. That would make the tubes functional. I doubt that the air flow would turn a pinwheel, but the hot air has no choice but to exit the top. It would function no better than a sheet steel stove with the same surface area inside and out.

Future hearth.com thread.

"What if I attach flex pipes to the tubes and extend them into the bedrooms upstairs?".

I disagree. There were lots of tests done back when they first came on the market and there is considerable airflow through the tubes.

LLigetfa said:
I disagree. There were lots of tests done back when they first came on the market and there is considerable airflow through the tubes.

It appears that the pipes open on the bottom and should draw cold air up them just like the heat shield on the back of my 30.

pen

BrotherBart said:

"What if I attach flex pipes to the tubes and extend them into the bedrooms upstairs?".

Almost spit my coffee at the computer screen while laughing after reading this one.....
For a small extra fee they will probably offer fans for each tube that could help move the air to where you want it. :)

I've always been a person that has firmly believed that form followed function. That is, until I saw the pic of that stove. It could be 99% efficient while burning a sap encrusted pine log that I just split yesterday from that tree that I felled the day before last...in the rain. I still wouldn't let it anywhere near my hearth.

BrotherBart said:

LOL
I can picture it looking like some metallic octopus machine creature/robot from a comic book. It would probably give me nightmares.

Of course the flex pipes would have to be treated as class B WRT CTC.

Milt said:
I am thinking that the primary function of the tubes is to increase the surface area exposed to the heat source. That would make the tubes functional. I doubt that the air flow would turn a pinwheel, but the hot air has no choice but to exit the top. It would function no better than a sheet steel stove with the same surface area inside and out.

I bet there is decent airflow throught hem. They could further increase this laminar airflow by uniformly decreasing the ID of the tubes until they exit and harness the venturi effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.