The Barn, update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've posted at least one barn thread in the Pics forum, and it's made an appearance in a couple of other threads, I'm sure. It really is an ideal place to work up the wood and store it until it is ready for the stove. The barn gets plenty of air circulation, and then I stack it in my shed with about 5" between rows where it sits all summer.

Nice, Pagey !!

That old gal needs to be "reraised" ;-)

That is quite the wood shed. You may want to install a lightning rod. I'd hate to see the end result if this barn catches.

stejus said:
That is quite the wood shed. You may want to install a lightning rod. I'd hate to see the end result if this barn catches.

Dad and I were discussing that very idea over the weekend. I'd bawl like a baby if that barn burned. Once started, there'd be no way to stop it.

Love the pics of the old barn . . . and the wood of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.