The Christening

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Christened the new fire barrel

P1050833.jpg

P1050832.jpg

P1050831.jpg

P1050830.jpg

Now that's a great way to recycle a washing machine!

Introducing the new 2011 Hoss Fire Barrel. Finished in fine porcelain. EPA exempt 10,000:1 heating appliance. Only available through our network of factory certified landfills.

Makes me want to just disconnect my washer and take it apart. %-P

fossil said:

Hope it's an old one with a METAL tub

hossthehermit said:
fossil said:

Hope it's an old one with a METAL tub

Not very old (2007), but yes, the tub's metal. It's the one for the guest apartment. In fact, I'm just about to take a load out to feed it.

Beautiful hoss, just beautiful!
:)

fossil said:

I was thinking the same thing. You can't even scrounge at the dump anymore. They say its due to health/liability concerns, but we all know its because they keep the good stuff for themselves.

How the hell am I gonna teach my daughter how to make beer money from scrap copper? What's going to happen when she goes to college?

btuser said:
How the hell am I gonna teach my daughter how to make beer money from scrap copper? What's going to happen when she goes to college?

She's going to meet some 19-y-o who tries to feed her a line and will be furious with her because she won't laugh at his jokes and he'll still be mad about it twenty years later and they'll kiss in the rain . . . that's what happens when kids go away to college, ya know . . .

stejus said:
Now that's a great way to recycle a washing machine!

+1 !! Great idea! My washer has a S/S tub but is only a couple years old.. Someday... Hmmm :)

Ray

me likey...pretty fire. needs cooking grill....maybe mount it so you can spin it round and round (the whole drum, not the grill) that would make it very fancy. Will be near gorry soon to inspect for "safety". Will wear my hat that says "safety guy" to make it look official like. double thumbs up from me to you.

Delta-T said:
me likey...pretty fire. needs cooking grill....maybe mount it so you can spin it round and round (the whole drum, not the grill) that would make it very fancy. Will be near gorry soon to inspect for "safety". Will wear my hat that says "safety guy" to make it look official like. double thumbs up from me to you.

Oh, I have several grills for it, I've been using these tubs for years.

DSCF4063.jpg

This time of year the town has free roadside pickup for metal stuff on the first Saturday in Oct., everybody puts their stuff out during the week, if I see a washer I check it out, if it's a metal tub, it's in my truck, get the tub out, put the rest back roadside.

btuser said:

I bought my first BMX bike with scrap copper ;)

raybonz said:
+1 !! Great idea! My washer has a S/S tub but is only a couple years old.. Someday... Hmmm :)

I have an old one like Hoss' and it's pretty close to dying ;) WOO HOO!

Badfish740 said:
btuser said:

I bought my first BMX bike with scrap copper ;)

raybonz said:

I have an old one like Hoss' and it's pretty close to dying ;) WOO HOO!

Yeah I thought it was a great idea and perfect for grilling with all the air coming in from the sides.. My old Whirlpool had a steel with porcelain coating and it was in decent shape after 15 yrs. of water too bad I never thought of doing that! I figure the S/S would work real well too.. I got this washer for a bargain price of 280 bucks as it was last yrs. model.. Maytag isn't my favorite but I couldn't pass up on the washer/dryer pair for under $600.00 delivered and take away old for free from Lowes! Plus this is the largest capacity they made..

Ray

hossthehermit said:
Delta-T said:

DSCF4063.jpg

This time of year the town has free roadside pickup for metal stuff on the first Saturday in Oct., everybody puts their stuff out during the week, if I see a washer I check it out, if it's a metal tub, it's in my truck, get the tub out, put the rest back roadside.

Looks great Hoss, the best chicken I ever had was at camp cooked over the fire by my FIL. He started the fire and would make sure the coals were just right before starting the chicken.

zap

hossthehermit said:
Delta-T said:

DSCF4063.jpg

Hoss, that sure looks yummy. Will you be cooking on the new tub when me and Mr Gamma come over for dinner next weekend? :)
And get some moxie dammit...

Most excellent . . . both Hoss' very cool recycled washing machine tub/fire pit and that chicken . . . looks wicked tasty.

snowleopard said:
btuser said:

She's going to meet some 19-y-o who tries to feed her a line..... that's what happens when kids go away to college, ya know . . .

If she comes out of college with a husband at least I won't have wasted my money. Nice big, stupid man who does what he's told. Is that too much to ask?

GAMMA RAY said:
hossthehermit said:
Delta-T said:

DSCF4063.jpg

Hoss, that sure looks yummy. Will you be cooking on the new tub when me and Mr Gamma come over for dinner next weekend? :)

If we got company, prob'ly hafta use both tubs. Bring yer own dam moxie, I refuse to buy that skunk piss

hossthehermit said:
GAMMA RAY said:
hossthehermit said:
Delta-T said:

DSCF4063.jpg

If we got company, prob'ly hafta use both tubs. Bring yer own dam moxie, I refuse to buy that skunk piss

Moxie = skunk piss? That's blasphemy! ;) :) Me . . . I love the stuff . . . but it's gotta be the sugar free . . . the only sugar free soda I drink.

Jake, will you bring me a can of Moxie to Woodstock? Pretty Please? I will drink one with you... :)

hossthehermit said:
GAMMA RAY said:
hossthehermit said:
Delta-T said:

LMAO good one! I am not fond of that stuff myself..

Ray

GAMMA RAY said:
Jake, will you bring me a can of Moxie to Woodstock? Pretty Please? I will drink one with you... :)

Consider it done . . . heck, maybe I'll bring a 6 or 12 pack . . . I was also thinking of bringing a live lobster and setting it loose in Dennis' hotel room.

firefighterjake said:
GAMMA RAY said:

Consider it done . . . heck, maybe I'll bring a 6 or 12 pack . . . I was also thinking of bringing a live lobster and setting it loose in Dennis' hotel room.

Set it loose in my room buddy!!! Yummy!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.