The darn thing is stuck!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LKurgun

Sep 26, 2015
New Hampshinre
I recently bought a 2004 Harman PF100 that needed work. Everything works well now but the chain shaker needs to be replaced, I found and bought a new one but the old one just won’t come out. I can get it to turn a little but it doesn’t move in or out. The new shaker bar doesn’t show signs of having a retention device (Screw or pin) and there doesn’t seem to be any access to the base plate in the stove.
I’m thinking it just rusted and carboned up and needs to be convinced out. But was wondering if anyone had any ideas? Thanks :)

Manual isn't much help... hope one of the other owners chime in with some ideas for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.