The Day Common Sense Died

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
I think it was probably Tuesday of this week. But, to see how desperate people are, here goes....

There is a store about 40 minutes from my house where you can get pellets for $240.00 a ton. If you pay me $50.00 per ton as a referral fee, I will tell you where they are. You meet me at an undisclosed location. You pay me the $50.00 per ton in cash, and we will then drive to the store where you complete the transaction. They have manual-igniting stoves as well. $250.00 per stove referral fee.

Do you feel lucky with the oil man? Well, do ya? Go ahead, make his day.

this is posted in absolute jest, but I do know of such a retailer. Just goes to show that there are pellets out there, there are stoves, and there is also a lot of internet hysteria. Relax people.

Well look at it another way, oil has dropped to $128.00, I think this will relieve some pressure and if it continues to decline to a more acceptable level that people can pay for with out selling an arm or leg the rush might settle down, price of pellets might drop a bit as well. Only time will tell, but it feels like Vagas, come on 7!!!

Common sense died a LONG time ago - or was it ever alive???

As our fellow forum member notes "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people"................

And, as PT Barnum said, "there is a sucker born every minute"....

My wife likes to say - if one looks around - and tries to guess just who is the sucker........it means it is usually YOU (or her, or the person wondering).

Webmaster said:
I have decided to go into business selling pellets for 1/10 of one cent each.
%-P
Credit card or paypal accepted. Orders of over 10,000 pellets are sent freight prepaid. All orders sent :customer count:

I am trying to get the New York Merch exchange to start listing pellet futures. Get'em right up there with West Texas Intermediate and frozen pork bellies. Maybe get a second on the house backed by Fannie Mae and use that to corner the pellet contracts market for January delivery.

Once the package is put together then I can flip the whole thing to Bejing Biomass, Inc.

[/quote]To me it was not cost effective until now.[/quote]

In my opinion, this rationale is the cause of the problem we face today. Heating with alternative energy is something that you do because of considerations other than cost. The price of fuels of all kinds goes up, down and sideways, and selecting one heating source because it's currently cheaper than another is shortsighted. The price of oil could tank, and this whole pellet hysteria would have been nothing more than a fustercluck. I have been heating with pellets for almost eight years now. My reason for selecting pellets is that 295 of my coworkers still proudly serve our company on floors 86-101 of the North Tower, and I would still heat with pellets if they cost $700.00 per ton.

To me it was not cost effective until now.[/quote]

In my opinion, this rationale is the cause of the problem we face today. Heating with alternative energy is something that you do because of considerations other than cost. The price of fuels of all kinds goes up, down and sideways, and selecting one heating source because it's currently cheaper than another is shortsighted. The price of oil could tank, and this whole pellet hysteria would have been nothing more than a fustercluck. I have been heating with pellets for almost eight years now. My reason for selecting pellets is that 295 of my coworkers still proudly serve our company on floors 86-101 of the North Tower, and I would still heat with pellets if they cost $700.00 per ton.[/quote]

thats right! and i also would like to be able to bring some of those people home that are protecting the oil that we so shortsightedly depend on.

ugenetoo said:
To me it was not cost effective until now.

In my opinion, this rationale is the cause of the problem we face today. Heating with alternative energy is something that you do because of considerations other than cost. The price of fuels of all kinds goes up, down and sideways, and selecting one heating source because it's currently cheaper than another is shortsighted. The price of oil could tank, and this whole pellet hysteria would have been nothing more than a fustercluck. I have been heating with pellets for almost eight years now. My reason for selecting pellets is that 295 of my coworkers still proudly serve our company on floors 86-101 of the North Tower, and I would still heat with pellets if they cost $700.00 per ton.[/quote]

thats right! and i also would like to be able to bring some of those people home that are protecting the oil that we so shortsightedly depend on.[/quote]

Hay it's a fact, get over this dark side of this world people change only by what a free market capitalism dictates by their wallets, I don't change not necessarily because they are better for the eviroment, I changed because it's cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.