1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

The day I have been waiting for

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by The Grintch, Jun 8, 2013.

1. The Grintch

The Grintch Member

Loc:
    North Attleboro
    My new P68 has finally arrived and has been installed. I had it installed professionally because my Home owners insurance requires a permit and a professional installer. They did a great job and were a wealth of knowledge.

I did go with the OAK and 5 tons of Turmans. I picked up a pretty nice surge protector to keep it protected. My next add will be the tile that goes on the ash door. I was going to go with one of the standard designs but saw a discussion about custom tiles and decided to do a little more investigating.

I think I'm ready for the winter, but will certainly enjoy the summer while it's here!!

Thanks everyone for the great advice and enjoy the warm weather and an ice cold brew!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. newf lover

newf lover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern CT
    Looks great, you will be very happy. I may have to settle for something else besides Turmans this year. They are in short supply around here. You will enjoy them very much, but you should pick up a bag of cheapo pellets and then you'll really appreciate them!
  3. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    Done so right, and pictures too! Hope it keeps you warm this next heating season.
  4. EastMtn

EastMtn Member

Nice clean install. Definitely saved money by going with the horizontal termination. Congratulations. What surge protector did you get? I'm looking for one for my install.
  5. The Grintch

The Grintch Member

Loc:
    North Attleboro
    The surge protector I got was a Fellowes 99090 1300 joule "Mighty Surge Protector". It has like 8 outlets and will be dedicated for the stove but it had was 1300 joule and was about $25.00.
  6. smoke show

smoke show Guest

pics and a mention of beer. well done!
    SmokeyTheBear, whlago and will711 like this.
  7. DOLLARBILL

DOLLARBILL Member

Loc:
    Between Augusta and Lewiston Maine
    Happy Heating ! Youll NEVER lok back! But please dont wissh for a short summer !
  8. deercamp

deercamp New Member

Loc:
    se mass
    Looks great. What dealer did you purchase it from?
  9. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    Great choice in stove & pellets looks awesome already enjoying ice cold Beer :cool:
  10. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    Both you and the insurance company might have been better served if they instead required a rise in the vent pipe instead of a straight out install done by a professional.
  11. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    No to mention the vent is closer than 12" from center to the outside corner(North Attleboro BI won't catch it though...) and in the path of the driveway...watch yer face when you're on the rider mower;)
  12. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    I'm going to guess you got that from Kirly...or Fuel and Flame
  13. The Grintch

The Grintch Member

Loc:
    North Attleboro
    I purchased it at Fuel and Flame. The pipe rises 18" from the back of the stove and then exits the house. The vent is about 12 feet off the ground so hitting my head shouldn't be a problem
    smwilliamson likes this.
  14. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

Harman- check
    Safe install- check
    Surge Protector- check
    Ok pellets, and maybe enough for winter- check
    reputable dealer- check

I wish all buyers would do the homework and prep you have done!

I think you'll like it! ;)