The forum...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjs777_fzr

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
I just wanted to write a quick blurb....

I picked up my buddies Upland Model 17 which was sitting in his basement for probably 20+ years.
Because I just wanted to...I got busy grinding the surface rust and just laid a good spray of bbq paint.
I then went searching for what this stove was all about. One thing led to another and I finally made my way back to hearth.com.

Long story short...congrats to Craig Issod for having the wisdom to create this site so many years ago.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/History_of_Upland_Stove_Company/

I didn't set out to learn too much today but...darn I went and learned something anyways.

Now I'm even happier that I decided to push my buddy to his basement to get the old stove out.
Although I have a few stoves...I can't be the only one that likes to swap'em to see how they perform.

Regards,
John

So John, is that called a hobby?

Reactions: jjs777_fzr
Yes . . . this can be a dangerous place . . . many come here looking for a quick answer . . . and many end up staying long after they've found their answer. There truly is a wealth of information here . . . and just catching up on the new topics, not to mention trying to read back on the old topics, can take days to weeks of your time.

A few of us have been shipwrecked here for years now!!!!

Although, it is a little like the Swiss Family Robinson... When we get the opportunity to leave, we end up sticking around!

-SF

Yeah this place is a time, space and alternative heat continuum... A black hole in cyberspace that one is sucked into for eternity.. Run while you can!

Ray

firefighterjake said:
Yes . . . this can be a dangerous place . . . many come here looking for a quick answer . . . and many end up staying long after they've found their answer. There truly is a wealth of information here . . . and just catching up on the new topics, not to mention trying to read back on the old topics, can take days to weeks of your time.
Same story here :)

It's almost like having to call 911 to get out of a corn maze-----

Remkel said:
It's almost like having to call 911 to get out of a corn maze-----

That crap was funny wasn't it. How would you like to be the ones to make national news with that one....duh!

Some good responses to this thread. Yeah, some folks here do get sidelined a bit when it comes to the forum. Just a few days ago I set up the laptop on the dining room table and politely asked that nobody touch it, hearth.com is my home page. :)

I just was doing a Google search in 2005 to get some info on Jotul gas stoves I bought from the bank. Found this place and it got totally out of hand. Four stoves, two liners and two chimneys and two more saws got kinda expensive. And I had to start cutting wood more than three months before winter. >:-(

And then Craig asked one day if I wanted to...

Good grief.

I found this site through Google. I just needed some info and thought I would be off on my way.
Pfft....I am still here and have learned more than I could ever imagine.
You would think I would be on a jewelry forum or something like a that :lol:
Mr Gamma is amazed how much I have learned here...
This site has some addictive properties though..... :ahhh:

GAMMA RAY said:
I found this site through Google. I just needed some info and thought I would be off on my way.
Pfft....I am still here and have learned more than I could ever imagine.
You would think I would be on a jewelry forum or something like a that :lol:
Mr Gamma is amazed how much I have learned here...
This site has some addictive properties though..... :ahhh:

From the looks of the pics taken at the open house I would venture to say that you are on a jewelry forum too. :)

SlyFerret said:
A few of us have been shipwrecked here for years now!!!!

Although, it is a little like the Swiss Family Robinson... When we get the opportunity to leave, we end up sticking around!

-SF

Now that there is just down right funny because it is so, so true! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.