The ideal arrangement...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue2ndaries

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2011
Oregon
Two Sundays ago I saw a friend at church who recently went to work at his father's tree service biz. They've been cutting trees since 1984. Anyway, I asked if he ever dropped wood off for people who use/burn firewood and he said absolutely. He said it actually does them a favor as their company would typically have to pay for disposal. I told him I have all the space he could want/need to dump off hardwoods. He said be careful what you ask for...each dump load could be 3-4 cords depending on job.

Well he dropped off the 1st two loads---ash and maple...about 2.5cord worth. I couldn't believe it! :eek: I now have a supply of free, DELIVERED hardwood as I told him that I would be primarily interested in oak, ash, maple, and fir from time to time. He said not a problem, he would not drop off wood from jobs that are not good for burning. Pics of course...

20130509_163449.jpg20130509_163313.jpg

It sounds like a great deal for both, nice job.

Can't beat that! :cool:
Did you have to specify the length you need, or do they buck to a standard length that works for you?

Did you have to specify the length you need, or do they buck to a standard length that works for you?

Seems like most of the rounds are 16-18" which is perfect for me. I actually prefer longer lengths ~18in. The branches that are around 6-8" they seem to have left longer, some are several feet long.

Win-win for all involved, nice, very nice.;lol

Very nice indeed. As Scott stated, something to show your appreciation will go a long ways here. Even occasionally dropping off some donuts and coffee if you see them working. If the weather is warm, then some cold drink can really be appreciated.

Well it's bucked & delivered free.
No work for you so far, should be all rested &
Do you have a picture of it split & stacked yet.?
LOL ;lol

1st pic I see some fresh splits, ;)
Nice looking wood .
Should get you set up a few years ahead in no time :)

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
Well it's bucked & delivered free.
No work for you so far, should be all rested &
Do you have a picture of it split & stacked yet.?
LOL ;lol

1st pic I see some fresh splits, ;)
Nice looking wood .
Should get you set up a few years ahead in no time :)

Hah! I was waiting for the first person to give me grief on getting it all split and stacked. ;lol This will likely be 2017-2018 wood.

A mutually benifical arrangement. Got to like it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.