the LAVA flow ( US 6041 )

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmelch1

Dec 7, 2010
Chesapeake City, MD
My 6041 pellet stove was running so good on the #2 setting , I bumped it up to the #3 heat range setting before going to bed, some hours later I awoke and thought I better peek on the stove....... The pot was full of glowing pellets, fresh pellets and ash, and I had 2 little fires on each side of the pot, wouldn't have been to bad if it was putting out good heat !!! also the auger( pot stirrer ) wasnt turning. I opened the door to the hopper so it woudn't feed itself anymore and went back to bed , when I finaly got up a few hours later the pot was empty. I vacuumed it out and cleaned the black glass of course. I'll check the stirrer 2 mro. I guess this stove only has 2 usable heat range settings, 1 and 2,. 3,4 and 5 must just be there for show!!! CE

Mine did the same thing when i first got it going. It actually put the flame out and started smoking outside really bad. I figured out i didn't have the damper open far enough for the higher settings. I run mine on 3 or 4 most of the time and don't have any problems any more just remember the higher the setting the more draft you need.

Thanks for the info, I had the draft open a good inch and a half, and maybe a tad more. Are You running it in auto ? and if not what are You running Your draft fan speed at?

I run in auto on 3 right now but when i run at 4 or 5 i pull the damper all the way out then push it back in about a inch. The problem with running in auto is the draft fan varies in speed so it pretty much controls the draft but if you don't have the damper open far enough it slows the burn down to much and you overfeed the pot because it can't burn fast enough to keep up with the feed. In manual mode the draft fan runs on high so you use the damper to control airflow and you have a constant flame. If you watch the flame in auto once the stove is at temp the flame will go up and down as the fan speed changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.