The Ole' Brick Path

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dobish

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2015
Golden CO
When we moved into our house, the one thing that we really enjoyed about it (that did not seem to need to be completely redone) was this ole brick path, made of bricks that were all stamped "Golden". I had no idea where they had come from, but i figured it was somewhere local, knowing there were a lot of brickyards around here. In this photo, you can just barely see that the path starts right by the elm tree on the right.

LH0O3y-McbUnW3MGHnF1rfYOkhP9vPFJDQb5Z0TcgydtxZp-YqVcxNQK0f5z4k0XB6hp-Uraucz2xXmN2oY=w409-h617-no.jpg

It was always sort of weird where it started, and where it ended, since it didn't start until about 20 feet into the yard. It continued on to what used to be a small flagstone patio, and set of stairs heading down.
bNtIdUbClQ-rgdRRb8FGa6Pk5plXkWSYr9r3X4Jm6wQ4yLgVDXo91qSuFjOitBrkY-XgTiApG1bDIzvfiPA=w347-h617-no.jpg

as we were demoing stuff, and fixing up the landscaping, we discovered that there were 2 more small patios that were made up of these bricks...
w_DC58nqTkRs6EHt9ZA9SEmHKQcXoCapicLQGHwnI4h78ug9N-A_FgIdzde3QnLWqqeyuIX-bkR0JRm5SLQ=w462-h616-no.jpg

We dug these random patios up, as they were in areas that weren't really useable. We piled up the bricks, and we tried to grow some grass in the front yard (between the 2 paths). The dog and the sprinkler decided it was going to be a continuous path of mud. My Son decided he wanted to make a mini golf course out of rocks, so he lined them all up (continuing from where the bricks started)

This got me thinking, and that led to me getting a shovel, and one day my wife came home and the "grass" that was growing between these lines of rocks was dug up and levelled. A few days later, we ended up with this:
pw_BRT1XY3lshdawaZfXPkd6Upd3ht8orWtP3ZAPzqIjm5YLDV4lyM_ON1Q__GILbwuH83uYLEz5ONmyBrA=w463-h616-no.jpg

Now we can meander down to say hi to the neighbors and check on the garden without stepping in the mud pit :)