The sale we have waiting for has begun Englander quality at bargin prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

There is no excuse to not to take advantage with these prices plus Englander quality and support

Norwood MA. Home Depot just marked down these stoves in stock.

BB you are going to cry but here goes Englander 30 NCL was $798 marked down to $399 2 instock

Century FW 2700 $570 now $288 one in stock

Englander 13 NCL now $335 one in stock

Pellet stoves
Englander 25 PDV was 1749 now 874 2 in stock

Endglander 25 PDVC was 1148 now 574 1 in stock

In stock judging from what is displayed I do not know if there are others. I did not se any inserts. If in the market time to check you local Home depot

and for those that missed Lowes you get a second chance

Well Mike decent prices?

HD only carries Century in our area. And if I had waited for close-outs our frozen bones would be in boxes six feet under by now.

But Mike if they happen to return a 13 NC or a 30 for that matter, lets talk. This Jotul in the office is pissing me off.

Elk, let's get one of those Englanders for the donor program. I'd be willing to send you $50 bucks towards one. Hopefully others will chime in here. I've been wanting to help the donor program for a while now... and seeing as I just got a job, the timing couldn't be better.

-Kevin

BB you replace that Jotul, and I'm taking a drive down to VA to take it off your hands.

I've got that VC aspen in reserve, what I really need now is a Jotul buddy to go with it.

wrenchmonster said:
Elk, let's get one of those Englander for the donor program. I'd be willing to send you $50 bucks towards one. Hopefully others will chime in here. I've been wanting to help the donor program for a while now... and seeing as I just got a job, the timing couldn't be better.

-Kevin

$50.00 !?!?!?!?! You De'Man ya ole' monster.

elkimmeg said:
There is no excuse to not to take advantage with these prices plus Englander quality and support

Alright ! I'm in for $50.00 also .

Elk'er , your the field manager in this ball game brother. Ye' who opens his mouth ( and starts a thread )

Lowe's just recently put their units on clearance, making room
for Spring/Summer inventory. As a result, I picked-up a pellet
stove for a buddy at work for half-priced - $525 (was $999).
The larger pellet stoves were retailing for $999 (was $1999).
They didn't stick-around for too long.....

Rob

ok which wood stove is better the NC 13 or the Century FW270

I think some of the inventory in this store is dated to last wirnter is the englanders ans the Century FW 2700

OK... if someone's willing to do the tally, and where to send the check... I'll throw in $50 as well

$200 so far add my $50...
$250
Elk let me know I'll check the stock around here... $ HD and 1 Lowes within 5 miles..

call me a tight-a$$. i'm in for $20, pm me with the details.
bruce

GVA if you would mind check out your local Home Depot and Lowes and report back There are 3 more in my area I may check one out tonight

theNC 24 is a good range mid range stove

Hey mike you seem quite

Back to my original question the Century has gold like trim FW2700 Does any have this stove what is its heat range and how does it com[pare to Englander models
My Night Bowling but it puts me closer to the other home depot In Bellingham

I guess I have to step up to the plate

The Englanders must be left over from last year ans they are not listed on their web site

elkimmeg said:
GVA theNC 24 is a good range mid range stove

Hey mike you seem quite

Back to my original question the Century has gold like trim FW2700 Does any have this stove what is its heat range and how does it com[pare to Englander models

The Englanders must be left over from last year ans they are not listed on their web site

which model are you talking about elk?? the 24 series is a catalytic series, 13 and 30 series are non-cats, as for the century , what size firebox on it? i'll tell ya which it would match up to firebox wise. havent been quiet on my own , internet went down at home yesterday , just got it back up , was away from my desk most of the day as well at work so didnt get to read this string until just now. i just glossed through it will go back and re-read in a sec.

Just an FYI regarding "donor" program(s).

There is no official or even semi-official donor program either endorsed nor as part of this site (Hearth.com).

Corie has helped a number of poor folks in his area (Phila) and I have contributed some money and supplies there on a case by case basis. Elk has wanted to start something for a year or more, but he has found it difficult to find recipients that meet the (his) criteria.

Anyway, I wanted folks to be clear that there is no "named" program of any kind associated with myself or this site.

This is a partial "Bump" on the thread

So far I count $270... let's see if we can get a little more.... I guess we still need to figure out which stove would be the right one for the donor program, (and yes,that term "donor program" is understood that it is not associated with Hearth.com) and who will get it, and where.

Here is the data on the FW 2700 the current price is $288

* Heat capacity up to 1,500 sq. ft.
* Features pedestal base design with ash drawer and brick-lined firebox
* Cast-iron door with ceramic glass
* Firebox dimensions: Volume 2.0 cu. ft.; 25
* Overall dimensions: 29 9/16
* Maximum heat output: 29,300 Btu/hr
* Average efficiency: 63%
* Average emissions: 4.4 grams/hr.
* Log capacity: 22
* Product Weight: 310 lb.
* Shipping Weight: 330 lb.

Product Specifications
Ash Pan YES
Average efficiency 63 %
Log Length (Max.) 22 in.
EPA Emissions Rating 4.4 (grams/hr)
Btu/hr Range EPA Test Method 10,370 to 26,301 Btu/hr
Cast Iron Front Door YES
Heat Circulating Fan Optional S31105
Flue Collar Size Round 6 in.
Btu/h (Max.) 29300 Btu
Heating Area (Max) 1500 sq. ft.
Combustion Technology Non-catalytic
Firebox Lining Brick
Firebox Depth 14 in.
Firebox Width 25 in.
Unit Depth 20 7/8 in.
Unit Height 29 9/16 in.
Unit Width 27 in.
Firebox Volume 1.7 cubic feet
Weight 310 lbs.

The Englander 13NCL PH

when burning seasoned cordwood!
PictureConvenient ash drawer for easier ash removal.
PictureHeats approx. 1,500 sq. ft.
Accepts up to 18" logs.
6" top exhaust.
Stately pedestal design.
Extra-large 9 1/4" x 16 1/2" door glass.
Built-in air wash system for cleaner glass.
High-tech firebox design (non-catalytic)
for cleaner burn, more heat and more efficiency!
Rear heat shield standard.
Side heat shield available for even closer clearances.
Mobile Home Approved (pedestal model only).
Outside Air Hook-Up.
E.P.A. Certified!*60,000 BTU's achieved under in-house test lab conditio

if i remember correctly the EPA pM for that unit came out at 2.61 GPH, not listed on website , also took default at 63% eff. rating, sounds like similar firebox size , dimentions a little different explains the log lenght difference, theirs is likely wider , ours deeper i guess. CFM unit is a goos unit though , my stepsons inlaws have one and are quite pleased with it. im suprised it came in at 4.4 GPH though, thought it would have been cleaner than that. they do htings a bit different than we do. all in all its a good stove for that heating area , especially at that price. beats the (*&^%*^$$% outta buying a VZ which was that high during season. i have no issues with the unit (other than my biased opinion that ours is better) take that as you wish , like i said im biased :)

EDIT: elk's post is the one im answering so i left the typo's LMAO , i gotta tease ya on somthing dont i ;)

Any update on stove finds guys ?

If anybody else is interested in adding the the fund , $5. ,$15 and or $25. are a great gift. Nobody is "cheap" at any offer.

I'm sure there will be an address to send ones gift $$ posted or PMed .

What are the thoughts to a post office box # for sending gift $$ then an address can be posted ? any input on PO box #s ?

Yes.... couldn't go last night due to cleaning the stove before the temp drops here tommorrow.
Somerville HD No stoves
Lowes Danvers No stoves
HD 2 in Danvers both had the Englander 30NCLH for $399 one display and one in box.
Also the Englander 13 NCPH for $649 They couldn't tell me why the smaller stove was more money.
I got the evening crew so they don't seem to know too much...

I didn't check the Salem or Saugus stores but I'm sure they are probably the same on stock. But I doubt they will be there after this weekend when the average DIY will see them at the front doors.

I agree with Spike, doesn't matter how small the donation is, every dollar would be appreciated. Elk is doing a great thing here to help families that are in need. Families that may otherwise go cold, literally.

But he cannot do it alone. Though it may seem like just sending money to a stranger, you can be rest assured folks, that those who know Elk can say in complete confidence that the funds will be put to good use. He's not going to just pocket the money for himself.

Don't forget the man spends his own time and gas money to make this happen as well. I sincerely hope many have contacted Elk behind the scenes to donate a few dollars to a very worth cause.

How many times has Elk helped you? Maybe not even directly, but perhaps a post he made to another member. Would would it cost you to have his expert opinion if you had to pay for his time?

Although I received lots of help and sound advice from many on the forum, it was Elk who took the most time to make sure I was doing a safe installation. He called me on a several occasions to help clarify the code and to offer practical solutions to the specific problems I faced. The man even returned my call on Christmas Eve!!!!

So dig into the cookie jar, pull out a few bucks, and send it to a worthy cause. Feel good in the knowledge that your money will help a family stay warm this winter, and many winters to come.

-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.