The season draws near to the end.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in the 70s yesterday, but back to the 50s today. I think there's still several night burns left in this season for me. Should just about run out of dry wood when we run out of cold.

Spoke too soon (think I'd learn after how many years....). Light snow falling, and a raw wind off the north Atlantic. Boiler - off, Pacific Energy - roaring.

Still burning twice a day . . . one fire in the morning and one at night.

Rode the snowmobile this past weekend for what may be my final ride -- unless I take off from work on Wednesday -- and there was still 1 1/2-2 feet of snow where I was riding . . . of course locally I have very little snow left around my house . . . just a few inches in most places . . . of course there is a storm forecast for today and tonight that will be bringing in a few more inches of snow to freshen things up.

Twice per day fires here too. 41 and overcast doesn't keep the house warm enough without fire. The forecast is for more
cold in the week ahead, but I will be heading south towards the equator for a week or so. Hoping to find green grass
when I get back and not snowdrifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.