1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

The Super Spear Log Splitter

Post in 'The Gear' started by loneeagle15, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loneeagle15

loneeagle15 New Member

Loc:
    Montana

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. loneeagle15

loneeagle15 New Member

Loc:
    Montana
    I found other brands in my searching so has anyone used a tool like this one
    Thanks JD
  3. Harley

Harley Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ashfield, MA
    I never used one myself, but I've seen a few here and there, find of burried in the back of garages/sheds. My impression was they probably didn't work all that well, or they would have been stored more "front and center"
  4. keyman512us

keyman512us Member

Loc:
    North Worc. CTY MA
    Yeah I got one as part of a $20 table clearance at a flea market once...it's probably out back behind the shed right now...hmmm, maybe I should put it on ebay..lol.
    Great concept...been around since the seventies? Back before carpal tunnel syndrome was an issue? I wasn't too fond of it for the fact it wears out the wrists...same concept as a driver for T-post fence posts...but I'm not going to go out and split a cord or two with it...
  5. zzr7ky

zzr7ky Minister of Fire

Hi-

My Ex bought one. It didn't leave with her. Very poor on firewood, fair at blacl walnut nut cracking.

Mike P
  6. kellog

kellog New Member

jd, I have one of those things. I bought it in 1982 but haven't put many hours on it. I use it to break up a few of pieces when I don't want to get the splitter out. It works well but I would not do cords with it. I'm too lazy. The best part is that you can use it in the garage (you don't have to swing it).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.