The Ten Commandments of Wood Burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
Texas boy said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Thou shalt not use a hydraulic log splitter in horizontal mode.

Thou shalt never purchase wood that will be burned this year.

If you are new to burning wood, Thou shalt check your chimney for creosote on a monthly basis for the first 2 years.

Thou shalt endeavor to learn what types of trees are growing in your area.

Thou shalt not razz Dennis because of the work his wife does.

Thou shalt make it known if one has more firewood on hand than Dennis.

Okay, Dennis, how large is thy woodpile? My trailer runneth over!

And what work doth your wife doeth that would cause uth to razz-th Dennis? Sorry, "Dennith"!

Terry, my woodpile was at 24 cords last fall. BeGreen is right because at one point I remember Eric having over 40 cords.

If you ever read any of the old threads you would find the guys giving me a rough time because of my wife doing a lot of work. She does handle all of the ashes (I don't remember the last time I emptied ashes) and she brings in wood for the night and enough for the next fire. She used to help me a lot when cutting wood but she can't do that any more. She also does not stack because she can't stack wood so it looks decent! Anyway, knowing how guys are, they liked to razz me about it all. The wife even gets a kick out of it. It's all in good fun.

She does all that an' yore callin' HER "ornery"? 'Pears t'me yore suckin' round for a blast of "friendly" gunfire! I'm reckonin' you've been plumb spoilt. You got yoursef a good'un, if she takes that good care of yuh! Yessireee!

Well Terry, she is right beside me now and still laughing. I guess I'll keep her around a bit yet. We're closing in on year 48 this year. But we were warned when we got married that it wouldn't last. Most said it would not last a year! But, we aren't too conventional at all and have enjoyed most of our 48 years together. There was that one day though....

Backwoods Savage said:
Well Terry, she is right beside me now and still laughing. I guess I'll keep her around a bit yet. We're closing in on year 48 this year. But we were warned when we got married that it wouldn't last. Most said it would not last a year! But, we aren't too conventional at all and have enjoyed most of our 48 years together. There was that one day though....

Know what you mean. We passed 38 last September and very little to complain about--not near so much as she could complain about me, but it's all little stuff. We got married in a sequence of 8 couples all in the fall of 1971. We and one other couple are all that's left. We apparently chose better. Like you say, though, there are days . . . ! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.