the tooth fairy is real

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenkathy

Nov 1, 2007
Moab, UT
I posted a few pics and questions regarding my cabin at 10,000 feet last month. I appreciated the spirited comments and discussion. I sold my jotul oslo and installed a PE alderlea t6 last weekend. I got a chance to fire it up over the weekend and WOW, what a difference. The cabin got to a toasty 80 degrees after 2 hours. I'm sure it's the efficiency of loading wood. The front loading north south configuration allowed me to easily triple the wood load. Same wood, same chimney, same cabin and easily 15 degrees warmer. Thanks for all the help. Kudos to Tom Oyen. He was right on the money with his recommendation.

Attachments

• thermom.jpg
    thermom.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 231
  • dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 233
  • stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 246
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg