The wife has made up my mind for me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy_dan

Dec 26, 2007
Missouri
I was wanting an Englander 30, but nobody had one in stock and told me they could not order just 1. So we went looking around to see what was available locally. We looked at Buck stoves, Lopi, Pacific Energy, and some others I do not recall.

after looking at stoves all day long she finally decided on the Pacific Energy Summit. We finally decided on it because:
1. we like the looks of it
2. size of the fire box
3. reputation of manufacturer
4. it is not a cat
5. lifetime warranty

It is more than we wanted to spend but it is supposed to be a good stove we went with the summit because I was looking at the Super 27 and the Owner came over and we started talking he asked about our house which is 1700 sq ft 2 story OLD farm house with little to no insulation. and he said he would go with the summit as we would be pushing the Super 27 to the max. We explained our situation and he cut us a good deal I think I am buying the Summit for less than the Super 27

I also told him we were wanting to buy an Englander 30, and to my surprise he did not talk bad about the englander he actually said they make a good stove nowadays, but in my experience they are not as good as the P.E. stoves but they are about 1/2 the price and if I was on a budget I would probably look in to them.
I am as of this far very pleased with the people at Best Fire in Jefferson City MO

it is specked out like this
black door, black stove, pedestal, and no ash pan (I did not want it and viewed it as a negative) for $1650+tax
Is this a fair price?

Sounds like a fair price. I agree, I'd go with the Summit. You should be nice an toasty soon.

Hope you are planning on getting some insulation going this year. It will save you year round.

BeGreen said:
Sounds like a fair price. I agree, I'd go with the Summit. You should be nice an toasty soon.

Hope you are planning on getting some insulation going this year. It will save you year round.

yep planning on insulating as I remodel as I can afford it
as far as toasty my old Earth Stove is keeping it warm in here. not as hot It could be but I can run around in my under shorts :)

Dan, congrats on the new Summit. That beast will give you plenty of heat and with 1/2 as much wood as the older beast you now have.
You wife has a good eye. I run around in shorts all year round ;). I think you will be very happy with the Summit. I can't say they are better than Englanders or not, but more expensive yes. Once I get the addition here complete and an Englander, I'll post a comparison. Will be a while yet though. The Summit is built like a tank and should serve you well for many years. I love my Summit insert.

I really did not expect a PE dealer to say an Englander is better, but he did impress me when he did not bash Englander.
OMG hog just noticed you live near a nuke plant too. I live near the Nuke plant in Callaway county MO actually it is my neighbor :)
Do you guys glow in the dark too? lol

Not just in the dark, but all the time ;)

I think it would take me longer to rake the ash over and down a diminutive 2 inch hole than just shoveling them out.
1 less air leak possibility
I never had one so I don't feel the need for one mostly personal preference

I just didn't really want 1 kinda like some people want legs and not a pedestal or vise versa

TMonter said:
The PE is a good stove I'm sure you'll like it. Just don't buy whorehouse red %-P

It is "BORDEAUX"....no other colour will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.