1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Thelin Parlour vs. Harman Accentra pellet stoves.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by toddkrit, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddkrit

toddkrit Member

Loc:
    upstate ny
    We have just moved from a house that we heated 100% with a Harman Accentra pellet stove. It was a tad bit noisy in the room it was running, but overall a very good and easy stove.

My wife wanted to get away from the "dust and dirt" of wood and pellet stoves when we moved. The house we moved into has a Heat-n-glo gas fireplace and an oil furnace with hot water baseboard heat. Once she has seen the bill$ her mind is changing.

We found a brand new Thelin Parlour for $3600. That covers installation, the base to sit it on, delivery, and a pallet of pellets.

I guess my question is, how good of a stove is it. Will I get the same amount of heat compared to pellets used as my harman.
    I noticed that the Thelin only has 3 settings. Low, medium, and high. Was that a problem for anyone trying to keep the temp constant during the day,

Thanks everyone!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. cocey2002

cocey2002 Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    I can't answer your question on how the Thelin will perform in your house but I believe that if you call Thelin yourself they sale a digital thermostat. I'm looking at the smaller one(gas) to heat my sunroom. Very nice looking stoves.
  3. cocey2002

cocey2002 Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    Just checking- were you able to get the thermostat?
  4. toddkrit

toddkrit Member

Loc:
    upstate ny
    We havent decided on which stove to get yet. We honestly dont want to get one at all, but the bill$ coming from heating the house are so much more that we are used to.
  5. cocey2002

cocey2002 Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    What style house do you have? How many sqft? Where would the stove be placed in relation to the house. I saw a Parlour before and it was kicking out some heat. Enough to heat your whole house??? It probably would be much better than the H & Glow that you have now. Cheaper than propane if that is what you are using. I can't compare it against your old Harmon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.