Thermal switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecy750

Oct 24, 2014
northeast
I recently bought a blower fan and thermal switch for my quadrafire 4300. the installation looks fairly simple. My question is the location that I should mount my thermal switch on the stove? Is the shroud on the back a good location or does the switch have to be directly on the firebox?

Is this the ACC model? The manual for the 4300 ACC shows it being installed at the rear, left underside corner.
Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 9.33.13 AM.png

I believe I do have the ACC model. I bought the blower and switch off from amazon. I am still a little confused on how this piece mounts? I saw somepeople have used magnets to fasten the switch. It desnt seem to be a very good idea to drill holes for the tiny screw holes on the switch. Any advice appreciated

Can you post a picture of what you bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.