thermguard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bayfeet

Jan 12, 2009
Central Mass
Hi,
I recently purchased a therm guard and it causes my taco relay to switch to make a buzzing sound if i push the thermostat setting passed the set point with therm guard turned on. I noticed that initially with the thermguard turned on that light for the zone 2 would light up dimly. the thermguard works as advertised however it does not seem compatible with my taco relay. I have connected the therm guard directly at the boiler as well, so it does not seem to be the thermostat. Thanks ed

Contact the seller/inventor by PM or email here and run your situation by him:

forum name "bridgerman"

Hi Guys,

We are troubleshooting this problem. It turns out that the thermostat doesn't completely close the connection when heat is called for. It leaves about 5 volts at ThermGuard's terminals and so ThermGuard stays active when the thermostat calls for heat. I have never seen this before...usually the thermostat closes a switch when it calls for heat and ThermGuard goes to sleep when the thermostat calls for heat. We are checking for high imedence connections......weird!

John

Glad your on top of this John....I had no idea what the problem was! :gulp:

Status
Not open for further replies.