Thermopex turned black on the inside.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdboy9

Hearth Supporter
Jan 21, 2009
Burton Ohio
Hey everyone...spring is close hope everyone else has the bug.

I installed a water heating system last fall into the barn I am restoring. I used Thermopex tubing and copper for my manifold and baseboards. I have a weil-mclain propane boiler as well. The day, night after I fired it up I went and looked at my lines downstairs and they were starting to turn black. I also notices there were little spots here and there that were darker than others and were located where it looks like the coating had been knicked. I know oxygen in the system is not good and I drained the water some to see if it was black but its clear. The lines haven't gotten any worse and are a very dark grey almost black color now. This is all on the inside of the lines just to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.