1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Thermostat 55-SHP22L

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by taqui10, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taqui10

taqui10 New Member

Loc:
    Hazleton, PA
    I Would LIke to know what thermostat should I get for my Summers Heat 55-SHP22L.
    Also if I will have any problems with it right now I am using 1.25 bags in a day at the lowest setting about how much will I save?
    Is it worth it?
    Thanx

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    I use a Rite-Temp model 6022 I bought at HD for $29. The stove is set to go into its lowest setting when heat isn't being called for, so I would think that this feature will save you fuel in the long run. Last year I kept my feed rate at 3 and went through about 3.5 tons for the winter, so hopefully I can cut that back some. In order to modify your settings to burn 1 bag/day you should call Englander support. They helped me get my settings so my stove burned more efficiently on low settings.

Good luck
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

I posted this unit in another thread, but could help here too. I bought this for my Astoria stove, and it’s fairly inexpensive ($20-22 online), and easy to hook-up and program. Also has a lighted display.

Lux PSP511LA

Attached Files:

4. taqui10

taqui10 New Member

Loc:
    Hazleton, PA
    Do you have the same stove and how did you install the thermostat?

Thankxxx
  5. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    I have the 1500 sq ft model stove from Englander, so it's not the same stove but is similar. I installed the thermostat by following the manual. I removed the jumper, connected the red and white wires to the connector on the board, and connected the other end of the red and white wires to the thermostat. I then programmed the thermostat to the settings I preferred, and haven't touched it since.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.