Thermostat with larger swing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4Dtvman

Feb 5, 2012
East Bay of Rhode Island
I have a manual Lux unit right now and it works good but it seems that the stove turn off and 5 min later it starts back up. Is there a thermostat with a larger swing maybe 3 degree or so.

Thanks for any advice.

Skytechs are 3° both ways, which means 6° total.

Or a Lux does 2.25°… I think it does both.ways?? Not sure though. But that would be 4.5°…

The programmable Lux units like my TX500 can go up to 9 on the swing adjustment, I think. I have mine set at 2.
Maybe Jay T. can chime in....I think he has one like mine.

EDIT: I just checked....I have mine on 6.....pretty sure it goes to 9.

This is the one I have....swing settings from 1-9

http://www.luxproducts.com/thermostats/tx500e.php

My Lux LTX-1500u from Lowe's also goes from 1-9 each step is 0.25 Deg F each way so Dexter you are correct. 4.5 Deg F total swing. I like this T-Stat because the # 2 dip switch on the board changes it from 5-1-1 programmable to full manual operation!
http://www.lowes.com/pd_24971-37422-LTX1500U-006_0__?productId=3382134&Ntt=lux thermostat&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=lux+thermostat&facetInfo=

This T-Stat keeps the shed/workshop cozy connected to the Quadrafire Santa Fe with a toggle switch to turn it on from the house. :)

Click on pic to Enlarge

Attachments

• LuxLTX1500u.jpg
    LuxLTX1500u.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 200
  • ShedLight3.jpg
    ShedLight3.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 165
  • PelletStoveTestingLab.jpg
    PelletStoveTestingLab.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 164
Thanks for the info Don... ;)

Hope you had a good Turkey Day :)

I installed the
Lux 5-1-1 Day Programmable Thermostat

And it has a 2.25 swing up and a 2.25 swing down. So I'm happy. But after removing my old manual Lux I found the adjustment in side also for a 2.5 degree swing in side.......bummer. Well the new one is programmable

Hello

Yes, it is a nice one. The back lit #s are good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.