Thimble Required?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. As of a couple days ago the stone veneer is up, the hearth is in and so is the Drolet HT2000! Proud to say I did everything myself and everything was double checked by local county inspectors and approved! The Drolet HT2000 is absolutely AMAZING! These new EPA stoves are such a departure from the past. I got an 11.5hr burn time last night and the stove was still 150 degrees. I included a picture of what I had left in the firebox the next morning about 9 hrs after I loaded the stove before bed. I want to thank everyone again for all your input and help along the way! It was greatly appreciated and a major help! Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 131
Very nice, that is a beast of a stove. Glad it passed inspection though technically the return air grille is too close to the stove. Should be at least 10 ft away.

Very nice, that is a beast of a stove. Glad it passed inspection though technically the return air grille is too close to the stove. Should be at least 10 ft away.

Thanks begreen! The HT2000 is a beast! Actually that grill is just a hole in the floor that vents to the upstairs. It isn't ducted into my HVAC system at all. Just simply a flashed hole that leads to the upstairs. It was there when I bought my home and I was going to close it up but the county inspectors didn't see it as a problem so I left it.

Thanks begreen! The HT2000 is a beast! Actually that grill is just a hole in the floor that vents to the upstairs. It isn't ducted into my HVAC system at all. Just simply a flashed hole that leads to the upstairs. It was there when I bought my home and I was going to close it up but the county inspectors didn't see it as a problem so I left it.
Yeah technically I am pretty sure those are supposed to have a fire damper in them that will close if they get to hot. But we see allot of them that don't and in fact I have a couple in my house that don't have dampers either. I wont install any that way in any ones house but I really don't see to much danger there.

Yeah technically I am pretty sure those are supposed to have a fire damper in them that will close if they get to hot. But we see allot of them that don't and in fact I have a couple in my house that don't have dampers either. I wont install any that way in any ones house but I really don't see to much danger there.

Good to hear! I was prepared to close it up if they asked me to. But since it wasn't HVAC they didn't seem to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.