thinking of adding storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of adding storage to my eko 25 system I am not sure of all the subtltys of my install as a plumber was hired to do it. we do have a 3 way mixing valve so I am thinking we are running in pralell with out fuel oil boiler. both boilers also heat our DHW. my basement is not very big so I would have to use a vertical tank to add storage. how difficult would this be to do and what kind of $ would it take to do so.

First step is to figure out how much room you have for the storage. Then you can figure out if you want pressurized or unpressurized storage. Start looking around your area as with all the manufacturing going out of business, you may find tanks reasonable at auctions. Old propane tanks work great also. It all really depends on how much room and where you want to place the storage.

I have access to several propane tanks my wifes uncle has a salvage yard and has tanks there. so the tank should not be a big deal I was thinking the wide upright tank that is about 5 feet tall my neighbor has propane in tanks like this and they look like they would fit well in my location. I would like to box it in and insulate it with r40 or whatever I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.