This is totally nuts!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Last winter my last fire was May 20th, winter of '16-'17 it was May 19th and '15-'16 was May 17th. Not too out of the ordinary for us I guess.

I burn 12 months a year. My wood stove is in my basement den, which stays around 60 degrees in the summer and 45-50 in the winter if left unheated. Granted, I burn only occasionally in the summer, but my wood stove never stays idle very long.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
I burn 12 months a year. My wood stove is in my basement den, which stays around 60 degrees in the summer and 45-50 in the winter if left unheated. Granted, I burn only occasionally in the summer, but my wood stove never stays idle very long.

60° is about where our basement stays during summer, but I like it cool during the summer heat. I sometimes go down there when I come inside on a hot day and get refreshed. I then walk upstairs and think I need to turn the AC down from the 73° we normally keep it at. ;lol

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
I still have a fire going also, but come Thursday temps return to the upper 60's low 70's then the weekend will be in the mid 70's so the fire will die off Wednesday night in preparation to have the windows open again. Lots of ups and down for mid spring here, had snow Friday night and Saturday during the day, that was one of the latest snows here in a long while, dot even salted Friday night and the hill tops got about 1". As far as wood consumption, I'm still down about a cord then this time last year, also I have everything split and stacked for the next 4 years, so I look out the window and just see money in the bank. Now its time for some serious gardening activities, trying to build a trellis out of dead cedar tree's for my wisteria vines, going with the old school PA oil Derrek look, about 11ft tall made out of cedar tree trunks and thicker branches held together with screws and bailing wire.

I thought burning was done here in Virginia about a week and a half ago. Cleaned the stove out and shut it down for the season. Been running the heat pump the last 4 days. Next year I won’t be so quick to shut it down I guess.

I loaded up the boiler yesterday morning. A few low 30's at night and 50 during the day. Should get some 80's tomorrow.

I fire up the boiler during the summer to heat water for the honey house.

-5::C last night
today's high 6::C
-2 Tonight
warmer tomorrow 13::C
Pellet stove been 24/7
fired off the wood furnace again this morning
House a nice toasty 21::C Wife is happy
Happy wife happy life
By the weekend temps are going to be normal
so here's hoping

It is now Tuesday, May 12 the Temperature has dropped to -2 ::C
And it is snowing huge flakes the ground is white
What Global Warming
I'm going to throw another oak split on the fire

Madison had wet snow most of Sunday, eventually we got a dusting when all was said and done. I had cleaned out my stove pipe about a week earlier because we had days in the 70's and 40's at night and I figured we were done for the season. Then it got cold again lol!! Shame on me for thinking the season was done! Next year I'll wait till Mother's Day at least before deciding if the burn season is done or not.

hey it's Wisconsin can be 70 today and 20 tomorrow

It's been a chillier than normal May so far . . . every time I think we're done burning another cold spell sits in. Came home yesterday to find my wife had lit a fire. Fortunately we've switched to burning white pine which is perfect for this type of burning with a quick, hot fire to warm things up and not a lot of burn time.

Had to get a fire going this morning. Luckily I kept warm yesterday scoring a full truck load of locust. should be good to burn in two years.

Great temperature here in Quebec. -3 C at night and a chilly +3 C at 9 in the morning . Perfect weather to split 12 cords of white ash and 4 cords of red maple. Splitting and stacking for the last 5 days. Almost done, 3 more to go.