1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

This looks interesting...Husqvarna 288/288XP for parts

Post in 'The Gear' started by Thistle, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Almost sounds like it could be a stupid easy fix.
    JOHN BOY likes this.
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Work him down on the price a little, and pull the trigger. That'd be a dandy saw, like MM said it's probably an easy fix...almost sounds like an air leak at either the carb or the crank seals....
  4. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    Mine is one of the earliest ones made from July 1988 (some say better built than the last 2-3 yrs of production) & it runs perfectly.Older than this one by 7-8 yrs & much better shape cosmetically,not that mine's a shelf queen ;lol Am tempted to scrape up the cash just to have it for parts though.
    ScotO likes this.
  5. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I'm betting you, if you put a set of new crank seals (heck my might as well spend twenty more bucks while it's torn apart and re-ring it too) that saw would be a runner.....
    JOHN BOY likes this.
  6. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    "Uhmmm Dad,yeah its me Jon. I need a small favor,can I borrow 150 bucks for a few weeks?"

"Are you OK? Do need food,money for utilities,phone bill,medical stuff,work clothes or is your truck broke down?"

"Uh not exactly.I'm fine,nothing's wrong..See there's this parts saw I seen on Craigslis.........." *click........ dial tone*

;)
    JOHN BOY and ScotO like this.
  7. JOHN BOY

JOHN BOY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western Mountains ,NC
    The 288 or 288xp are very easy to work on too . Not much trouble at all. Iam thinking to both should be easy fixes. 90 CC'S here thisle oooh la la !;) Could easily sell one back on ebay for 400.00 too !