This may seem like a silly question....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaintenanceMan

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 25, 2010
Southern IN
....but I'm curious and this is the place to ask. I have Simpson DVL double wall installed from my stove to the ceiling box. The adapter and pipe both have stickers on the bottom. Now I'm the kind of guy that likes to leave the numbers on stuff if possible. Should I be leaving these stickers alone or peeling them off?

I just got done with my first break-in fire and noticed the stickers.I didn't think about it till now, but they look fine after a 300 degree fire. Will they fair well through a hotter fire? Take em off now and go find something more important to worry about? What says the Hearth Room?

Over time after many fire they will fade off.

If you want to keep them carefully peel them off and stick them in your stove manual. Caveat, they may pull off some paint when removed.

Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.