Thoughts on NEW WoodStoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SBlackstone

Aug 20, 2012
MA
Gentlemen, I have truly appreciated your advice on my current stove, but the more I have heard you guys and research I have done....A new stove is a must:

I need some hearty advice (covering 2300 / 2500 sq ft (loft) of all one flat floor space with an open design....PE (The summit - model B 99000 btu) or quadra-fire (4300, 5700) Lennox Grandview, Jotul F50 (do not really care for the top load- looks to busy) or any other than comes to mind.
PE seams to be have good rep, pricing for the summit (however cannot understand

why it is only 50 to 100 $ difference in price vs the all Black fusion)

Bear in mind sales are rocking till end of Sept.
Give it to me guys, winter is fast approaching this year in NE / MA
Thanks,
Sam

Gentlemen, I have truly appreciated your advice on my current stove, but the more I have heard you guys and research I have done....A new stove is a must:

I need some hearty advice (covering 2300 / 2500 sq ft (loft) of all one flat floor space with an open design....PE (The summit - model B 99000 btu) or quadra-fire (4300, 5700) Lennox Grandview, Jotul F50 (do not really care for the top load- looks to busy) or any other than comes to mind.
PE seams to be have good rep, pricing for the summit (however cannot understand
why it is only 50 to 100 $ difference in price vs the all Black fusion)

Bear in mind sales are rocking till end of Sept.
Give it to me guys, winter is fast approaching this year in NE / MA
Thanks,
Sam

I have a Jotul F-50 and every day that goes by I love it more what a beauty it is in every way. The F-600 might fit the bill for you however and it too is a beautiful beast of heat ;). If I had to choose a different stove brand it would most likely be a PE just because of how well they are built .now that I have a steel box wrapped with cast I will never buy an all cast stove. The F50 is a dream to clean ! You should also check out the F-55 it is similar to the F-50 but without the top load.

Pete

Ran an F-600 for the first season. The stove is a BEAST! Would easily heat the area you are describing I think. Just be certain to leave some summer wear out of the closet this winter if you will be sitting in the area of the stove.

What style are you looking for? Steel? Cast iron? Big glass? Cat or non-cat? Price range?

I can only speak about Osburn products and I find they are a great bang for their $. The 2400 is a 3.2cu ft firebox and is a mammoth! I have the 2300 and it heats my basement wonderfully and the heat rises upstairs. My basement is well insulated and I only have the staircase taking the heat upstairs (no cold air return). A burn can last 8-9 hours (nice bed of coals) and the glass is one of the largest in the industry (and stays very clean).

I live in Quebec; we get cold winters and the 2300 takes on the task to heat without question!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.