thoughts on the englander 25-PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
just saw a brand new one for sale 500 bucks guy never installed it he said Even though i just installed my first ever pellet stove today this sounds like a good purchase for my upstairs over the garage Master bedroom bedroom

oldmountvernon said:
just saw a brand new one for sale 500 bucks guy never installed it he said Even though i just installed my first ever pellet stove today this sounds like a good purchase for my upstairs over the garage Master bedroom bedroom

Check code where you are, bedrooms, garages, and any place where flammable liquids are stored are off limits most places.

no no my master bedroom is Over the garage,it's huge like 30 x 30 Cathedral ceilings so it tends to be a bit colder

oldmountvernon said:
no no my master bedroom is Over the garage,it's huge like 30 x 30 Cathedral ceilings so it tends to be a bit colder

Is this stove going in your bedroom, if so that is off limits.

Really ? why is that ?

oldmountvernon said:
Really ? why is that ?

Maybe the fact that it is very hot if you run into it while half asleep heading to the facilities and the fact it puts a possible CO source directly in your sleeping quarters.

Just telling you how it is.

Oh i appreciate the knowledge , you can always tell me like it is :) not trying to be a wise guy or anything i was just asking why. as i have never heard that before. I guess it makes sense. Going to look into the codes this week I'm sure you are right as it does make sense

What Smokey said is very true....stove should NOT be in sleeping area in case CO leak occurs.

As for the 25 PDV, it's a good stove. If it truly IS brand new, $500 is a steal!

If you go to look at it, make sure the owner fires it up for you. If he'll give you the serial #, you could call Englander and find out about the stove from them.

Code Smode ...

Status
Not open for further replies.