Three cheers for Mrs Backwoods Savage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Most of you have seen my signature line and we do kid a bit about the ornery one but today I want people to see my lovely wife in a different manner.

Before leaving for the hospital I took the Mrs. in a back field and had her plow a couple of spots so she could get used to using the snow blade. She done well. I also suggested she use low range as I felt she would be more comfortable with the slower speed. She is not the most coordinated person in the world and neither am I but I really did not want her having a bad experience.

So picture this: Wife only practiced a little bit with pushing snow. Although she kept complaining to me when she picked me up that she thought she plowed the driveway wider, when we got home it looked great to me! But then yesterday, she goes out and starts up the atv again and plows out more around the mailbox! Then she also widened the driveway. I think she did a great job.

But what about keeping warm? After all, we have no backup heat so she could not just turn up the thermostat. I came home to a very warm house! Also I still have not put wood in since I got home. She is doing it all. I think I'll keep that lady around for a few more years.

(As I was typing the above I kept thinking of the threads we've had where folks are afraid to run the wood stoves when they are not home! Think of my wife! She did okay and also was not afraid to leave the house and wood stove to drive 40 miles one-way just to visit me. Again, she did just fine.)

There is a picture of my redhead and me along with a few other hearth.com folks and a lot of Woodstock folks. I'm the guy wearing the purple vest and my redhead is on my right. Those are some of our grandkids in front of us. lol No those are some of Slow1's kids in front of us. Slow1 is in the front row holding one of his boys. His wife is in the top row on the far right and Tony (fire_man) is next to her.

Three cheers for Mrs Backwoods Savage

Good for her and you, speedy recovery from your surgery. Dave.

Careful Dennis, she may decide she no longer needs you around! :lol:

Well Todd, we celebrate anniversary #49 this coming summer. I think we might be able to tolerate each other for a bit longer. ;-)

Sounds like you are in good care Dennis.

+10, be careful though. Mine started out with-"The outside is yours, the inside is mine." Now she has her own mower, weedwhacker, and chainsaw. I'm wondering why she still keeps me around. Next thing you know, I'll be folding the laundry.

She seems like a real gem Dennis. You are one lucky man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hip hip hooray....hip hip hooray....hip hip hooray!!

Glad to hear things are going smoothly, I was a little worried for you guys when I seen that snow coming our way!

Beetle-Kill said:
+10, be careful though. Mine started out with-"The outside is yours, the inside is mine." Now she has her own mower, weedwhacker, and chainsaw. I'm wondering why she still keeps me around. Next thing you know, I'll be folding the laundry.
We've had the same discussions. lol i do outside u do in here.then you get the well i have to come home every day and do laundry i do more. lol.

Red heads are my favorite people ;-P

Dennis,

Hope you feel better in the days to come.

Sounds like a fantastic gal you have by Your side!

Take care of yourself. Hiram :)

Backwoods Savage said:
Well Todd, we celebrate anniversary #49 this coming summer. I think we might be able to tolerate each other for a bit longer. ;-)

That is awesome.

Wow... She sounds like she did a terrific job. Get Feelin' better.

Backwoods Savage said:

Wow, that 's impressive and heartwarming. We are newbies at 31 years. Good to hear that you are in good, caring hands and good spirits Dennis. Give your wife a hug and thanks from all of us.

She did a "GREAT JOB".
She should be proud & so should you.
Looks like a true blue American family, & proud of it.
Yep you guys have & are doing A GREAT JOB!

Now relax a bit, she is really having fun, but won't admit it to you.
Admit, she impressed you, we knew she would.
Good TEAMWORK.

Best wishes to you both as you heal and she meets the challenges of extra responsibilities with grace and courage!

Backwoods Savage said:
Wow Dennis sounds like you've got a good match there eh? It is during the tough times that we are reminded of how much our better halves mean to us. In November of 2009 I was out of work due to a back injury. I couldn't walk for 2 days and stayed out of work for a week followed by a week of light duty. I was also working the graveyard shift and our stove was one that needed re-loading every 5 hours and a fresh start every morning. The week I was out, not only did my honey keep the fire going and the house warm. But she surprised me one day when she took the heavy cast iron hopper out of the old Surdiac in the basement and had it going on wood!! We are on our 12th year together, I can only hope that I have her by my side when the 49th comes around. That is special.

Get well soon friend,

Chris

I can see why you're braggin' on her. Well done, both of you!

Thanks everybody.

As for the wife, I had always thought that I should marry a buddy or friend. That is, someone who I could be close to and we'd enjoy being together and look forward to being together if we had to do important things, like work. By the time of our engagement we both felt we were ready and wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Most of the jokes and sayings about husbands and wives being in constant turmoil has never applied to us. I can only hope and pray it stays that way right to the end. And yes, I'll continue to brag on her and at the same time tolerate her orneryness.

Backwoods Savage said:
Thanks everybody.

As for the wife, I had always thought that I should marry a buddy or friend. That is, someone who I could be close to and we'd enjoy being together and look forward to being together if we had to do important things, like work. By the time of our engagement we both felt we were ready and wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Most of the jokes and sayings about husbands and wives being in constant turmoil has never applied to us. I can only hope and pray it stays that way right to the end. And yes, I'll continue to brag on her and at the same time tolerate her orneryness.

When I called to check on you I found Judy to be quite friendly and not ornery at all.. In fact she is the exact opposite and my description would be determined to do what needed to be done.. I am confident she will keep the home fire burning in every way until you are back on your feet (or sitting on a milk crate splitting wood lol).. We become reliant on others when with them for so long as I found out when my wife had her knees replaced and even I managed to get it all done.. It definately made me appreciate all the the things she does every day when I had to do them myself! Even now I do much more laundry especially in the better weather and I use the clothesline to dry it all.. So as you like to say "Keep Smiling!"

Ray

Judy's a peach and not the least bit ornery. A speedy recovery to you Dennis and we hope you both can visit us again sometime. Hip, Hip, oh, never mind.

Backwoods Savage said:

Very cool, congrats. We are comming up on our 25th, I always tell her on our anniversary that I'm sure to go to heaven cuz I've had hell on earth! :lol:

Great to hear that you are doing good man. I was wondering if everything went well. With her arounds sounds like you will make it fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.