Through the roof/ceiling kit install???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Nov 3, 2017
Georgia
I've got a "tiny home" that I'm working on. Right now the place is still "raw"....just studded walls and metal roof. I'm looking to put a wood heater in this place. Right now I have a Fisher baby bear that will probably be used for the rest of the winter. This heater will be way to much for this tiny home and I will have a newer model stove with a better required clearance distance by mid summer this year. Anyway my question is how hard is it to self install a through the roof kit? I do carpentry work for a living and have about every tool a man could need. I will post some pictures in the next hour or so but this place will have an "attic" space of about 3 feet before the pipe actually hits the roof. Hope that makes sense. If not the pictures will show what I'm talking about.

I've got a "tiny home" that I'm working on. Right now the place is still "raw"....just studded walls and metal roof. I'm looking to put a wood heater in this place. Right now I have a Fisher baby bear that will probably be used for the rest of the winter. This heater will be way to much for this tiny home and I will have a newer model stove with a better required clearance distance by mid summer this year. Anyway my question is how hard is it to self install a through the roof kit? I do carpentry work for a living and have about every tool a man could need. I will post some pictures in the next hour or so but this place will have an "attic" space of about 3 feet before the pipe actually hits the roof. Hope that makes sense. If not the pictures will show what I'm talking about.
How small of "Tiny Home"? Here is a link to a small woodstove I've seen used on youtube. I might be adding one to a hunting camp of mine,.
https://cubicminiwoodstoves.com/products/cb-1210-br-cubic-mini-wood-stove

I have seen those cubic mini stoves and we are seriously considering one. A little bit pricey for us right now though because we've got money going out in all directions for the time being. Plus fishing season is among us here in Georgia and well......see my screen name? I've got to have some new gear.. I need to ad as well that wood wont be the only source of heat. We will have a mini split unit installed here and only using the wood stove to help with the winter time power bill.

I have seen those cubic mini stoves and we are seriously considering one. A little bit pricey for us right now though because we've got money going out in all directions for the time being. Plus fishing season is among us here in Georgia and well......see my screen name? I've got to have some new gear.. I need to ad as well that wood wont be the only source of heat. We will have a mini split unit installed here and only using the wood stove to help with the winter time power bill.
Makes sense but that stove you are planning on using is way over sized if you're truly talking about a tiny home. You will go through a lot more wood and just wasteful in general in terms of heat and fuel. You have an idea of the sq.ft. you are looking to heat?

Also in a tiny home space is a premium so the smaller the stove the more space you are freeing up.

After it's all said and done it's going to be a little under 500 sq ft. I know the baby bear is going to be to much for now. Especially here in Georgia where we dont get that cold. I dont buy firewood I get my own and know how to crack a window or door if the heat becomes to much.