Through the wall fan.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldmainer

Hearth Supporter
Aug 19, 2009
southern maine
Hello...I'm looking for advice on what company(s) make good through the wall fans....reaonably quiet and be able to control speed. I would like to be able to move warm air through parts of my house and a through the wall fan will help do that. Thanks

There are lots if you google. Someone here installed one from Broan, I think, and is happy with it.

I'm thinking about it. I have one bedroom I can't seem to get enough warm air to with a fan on the floor. That room happens to be on the other side of the wall from where the stove is. I think it would have to be thermostatically controlled, being that close to the stove. The rest of the house is great, with just a fan on the floor in the hall, blowing into the living room where the stove is. I just can't get the air to make enough turns to get into that bedroom.

I have a Broan (model # 512) rated at 90 CFM. Works great but is a little noisy.

Also have a Tjernlund Aireshare (model # AS1) it sits within the wall cavity (16" on center) so you can mount the fan up high and the diffuser down low , or the fan low and diffuser up high. Its rated for 75 CFM, but is Super Quiet.

Like both, but the Broan is cost effective ($41) and the Aireshare was more expensive ($120).

The Broan is the Circular fan and the Aireshare is the standard looking vent in the upper right hand corner. The last pic is of inside my Bedroom, looking at the diffuser. We left the corner fan hanging. Used it for a couple seasons. Very loud, for very little air...

Attachments

• Through the wall fan.
    fans2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 252
  • Through the wall fan.
    done3.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 295
  • Through the wall fan.
    done2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 302
DexterDay said:
I have a Broan (model # 512) rated at 90 CFM. Works great but is a little noisy.

Also have a Tjernlund Aireshare (model # AS1) it sits within the wall cavity (16" on center) so you can mount the fan up high and the diffuser down low , or the fan low and diffuser up high. Its rated for 75 CFM, but is Super Quiet.

Like both, but the Broan is cost effective ($41) and the Aireshare was more expensive ($120).

The Broan is the Circular fan and the Aireshare is the standard looking vent in the upper right hand corner. The last pic is of inside my Bedroom, looking at the diffuser. We left the corner fan hanging. Used it for a couple seasons. Very loud, for very little air...

Do you have either hooked to a thermostat?

jeff_t said:
DexterDay said:

No. But the guy who I got the idea from, did install one. Here is the link to that thread.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/86831/

DexterDay said:
jeff_t said:
DexterDay said:

No. But the guy who I got the idea from, did install one. Here is the link to that thread.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/86831/

Perfect, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.