1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Through the wall Question

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by gooney, Sep 3, 2013.

1. gooney

gooney New Member

Loc:
    Tuftonboro
    Hello.I am installing supervent through a concrete wall.As the pipe connects to the tee horizontally and must be plumb to set on the wall support correctly, how does this provide for the 1/4 inch rise requirement.
    Also,a one foot section does not allow me a 3 inch protrusion into the house while maintaining my 2 inches to the exterior wall.Should I buy the expensive 18 incher or use the 24" i already have.I am just trying to be mindful of my draft.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    You won't have any trouble getting the proper rise in the pipe, the thimble has a little room in it for you slope. It's not really a big deal in 12"-18" anyway. Return the 2' piece and buy the 18" piece, put the extra money in your pocket!
  3. gooney

gooney New Member

Loc:
    Tuftonboro
    Thanks for your reply and the advice.Looks like I have a lot to learn about wood heat.
  4. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    Well, your at the right place!