THRU THE WALL CHIMNEY KITS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

barkede

Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2008
Southern NH
I just purchased a Russo Coal/Wood Stove and was planning on installing it by connecting it to my chimney however, my oil furnace vents through it. They say I cant have two combustibles occupying the same space so I wont be able to do it that way which would have been the ideal space for it since there was already a brick wall on that side of the room when we bought the house and it looks like there had been some kind of stove there due to the patched up hole in the wall. Now I'm looking at a thru the wall chimney kit that will be placed on the back of the house. I'm a little uneasy about this and would appreciate any input from anyone that knows or has dealt with this kind of issue?

Thanks - Mike

Through the wall thumble kits are easy to in stall.

We have a through the wall chimney. No problems as we've used this for years. Just make sure you have a minimum of 1/4" rise in the horizontal section per foot. We have even more than this. Also, a Tee outside makes it very easy to clean the chimney.

sawdustburners said:
may want to consider a powervent for the oil furnace which would free the chimney for the stove.
never heard of this. gonna have to check into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.