Thurmans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jack,

I thought that was you! Somerset question, did you purchase from the Lowes outside of New Paltz? I purchased 10 bags from them and the Pellets were very small and didn't burn as well as the Somersets that I purchased in Poughkeepsie;ex Joanna says hello and have a great day:)
I did get them from both locations. And at different times. I thought they were real small too. They're the only pellets I've burned that made me have to adjust the feed rate on the stove.

I did get them from both locations. And at different times. I thought they were real small too. They're the only pellets I've burned that made me have to adjust the feed rate on the stove.
The Somersets worked really well in my Quadrafire last year and my Palazzetti this year. Stoves like Beemers seem to have there own personality;)

first bag burned. i think we have a "keeper". i'm impressed with the low ash and the heat.

The batch I have now is less than 0.3%. Which rivals the BC softwoods. Vary consitent pellet year after year IMHO. I've been burning them on and off since 2008 and have had excellent luck with them. One of my favorites!

Reactions: slvrblkk
first bag burned. i think we have a "keeper". i'm impressed with the low ash and the heat.
If this refers to burning the Turmans, then I'll be expecting a message from you about when I can pick-up the Sets. ==c

I added anew post to the forum this morning (pellet fairy strikes again), thanks again! That was very nice of you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.