Timber Heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw520

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2012
Modena
TIMBER HEAT -

Grabbed a bag of these while getting a ton of somersets at lowes,.. here is my opinion;

I had about a half of hopper of Green Supremes in the stove, so I let those run all out,.. I cleaned the stove and dumped this bag of Timber Heat in;

Flame height is very erratic,.. but mostly low.
Heat transfer is minimal compared to other pellets Ive used...yes, even less heat the GS's
I have to run the stove on 4-5 in order to get comparable heat to Somersets set at 1-2.
The only good thing to report is low ash content.

I wont be buying any more of these.

I thought they were a decent pellet I burned 4 bags early in the season just to try. I agree very low ash heat was good for me . I have 1 more bag to burn will try when it's colder and stove is a bite dirtier see what happens. Not every stove likes every pellet like we all say "try a few before you commit to tons".

Status
Not open for further replies.