Timberidge 55-TRP22 Remote Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the stove is thermostat ready you can use any millivolt or 24 volt thermo stat or remote control unit

Yep. You can put one on ESW stoves manufactured after 2003.

biohill said:
I can put any brand remote thermostat? I do not have to get it from englander?

Ya need to check with ESW. The remote thermostat could be used on models through 2003 but the wall thermostat works with all of them. It is $46.

Is it true that the Englander stoves won't turn on and off with the thermostat (specifically the 25pdvc) - the thermostat only controls the heat output? Is that common for other brands, too?

I guess, in one way, you wouldn't really want the stove to be going through startup over and over all day long, either...

That being said, the room my stove is in usually gets up to 73+ degrees, but the rest of the house is cooler... Any suggestions on where to put the thermostat?

petejung said:
Is it true that the Englander stoves won't turn on and off with the thermostat (specifically the 25pdvc) - the thermostat only controls the heat output? Is that common for other brands, too?

I guess, in one way, you wouldn't really want the stove to be going through startup over and over all day long, either...

That being said, the room my stove is in usually gets up to 73+ degrees, but the rest of the house is cooler... Any suggestions on where to put the thermostat?

thermostats running this model stove will allow the unit to run at the heat range you select when caling for heat , once satisfied the thermostat opens and the unit drops to a low burn just like it was turned down to heat range 1 and it will continue to run at that rate until the thermostat calls for heat again , at which time it goes back to the selected heat range

I installed a wall thermostat, does it matter which wire goes in which terminal on the stoves board? The wire I used is two wire thermostat wire with a red and white lead. I matched up the colors on the thermostat, but I 'm curious if it matters on the stove. Thanks.

It doesn't matter what color goes where. The thermostat acts as on (closed) or off (open).
The only place it counts is on the thermostat it self. The instructions should show you where to put the 2 wires in a 2 wire installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.