Timberline wood Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sendek

Hearth Supporter
Nov 28, 2008
Southwest PA
Does anyone know any details about this Timberline Wood Boiler, there are 2 pics attached. There is a house that has one in it, and the owner does not use it. They do not know how old it is, nor anything else. I did a search online but was not able to come up with anything of use. any info would be helpful.

Thank You

Attachments

• 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 316
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 330
That was an assume stove...seems to me I just saw a pic of a very nice restoration of one around here somewhere.

That is the exact stove I just replaced. It will throw massive heat and eat wood. It will also make everything in its vicinity so hot its scary.

There appears to be something rigged to the left side. Hard to say whether this is custom or not. Do note that heating water with wood takes specific plumbing knowledge and redundant safety devices. It is not recommended for DIY installs. Steam has incredible power and with this type of system, the risk of steam explosion is fairly high.

There's an old battle ship somewhere that gave its life to make that stove. Those were beasts - and hungry beasts too. Your wood pile will melt faster than a snowball in your pocket.

I have the insert version of that stove, it does not heat water from the factory, if it does its a custom install. Value of it is anywhere from $100 at the scrapyard to $400 on the street if you can find the right person. And yes they are wood monsters, but will throw heat like no other.

Look at that creosote buildup on the door, just imagine what that chimney looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.