Timberwolf TPI-35 from MtnMike

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
MtnMike sent this to me:
Just had one of these installed and wanted to add to other posts on the forum. Sorry if this should be a reply, new to the forum.
This was a replacement for an Astroflamm Integra, around 15 years old and poorly maintained by the previous owner. The old stove was still working but the limited availability of repair parts plus available tax credits were enough motivation to replace it.
Considering the price differential between this stove and the Napolean equivalent(basically same stove), it was a no brainer. Would I buy it again, probably not. Haven't had any mechanical issues yet but it's too soon to assess reliability. As others have noted, pellets don't feed well from the sides of the hopper so I really have to question the 30 hour burn time. Stove shuts down with pellets still on both sides of the hopper. The hopper door opens to the front of the stove which makes loading cumbersome There's not enough adjustment available in the trim panels to fill the existing space from the previous install so make sure to check measurements yourself before buying. Email interaction with the company has been less than topnotch.

Reactions: jackman
MtnMike ... it could be the pellets used. I had this problem with Trebio pellets in my hopper. I had to stir them down with a piece of doweling as they were bridging over the auger causing the stove to shut down. The shut-down problem with pellets at the sides, just reload more frequently if you can...

Status
Not open for further replies.