Time for some real heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Well, I not real purty, but this time I am going for REAL heat. Got this baby nice and cheap, aka free. It's sitting in the living room now and boy does it cook. The downstairs is real warm, just like summer. And with the ducts I cut a hole through the floors so that I can pipe it clear to the outhouse. Ahhh, it is so nice to have a warm crapper. My neighbors are the envy of me and sometimes I see them sneaking in for free test. I don't mind cuz I am going to recycle all that poop gas in a methane generator I got connected to the stove fer cooking.

This puppy will burn anything I throw into it. Usually I dump in the night before garbage, the old cooking grease (raccoon works really well), throw on some chunks of palette and Hustin we have ignition. Whooeee Bob does that sucker ever take off. I can have the living room at 90 in less than an hour. When she starts glowing white I turn her down a bit, but not too much, cuz she makes a good nightime reading light as well.

Attachments

• ole_furnace.JPG
    ole_furnace.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 518
BG,
I've found that if you haven't sEEZund your garbage before throwing it in you can use a bit of 32:1 chainsaw mix to lube up the tinder fire.
Chad

Happy April 1!

I'm proud to say I "figgered" it out in the first sentence or two--that Dave'sFarm must have hijacked BeGreen's account! Ok, no, that it's April 1.

One of my local radio stations always does a good, extended fakeout today. This year it's pretty lame, though. Oh well.

I'm not so sure it's an April Fool joke. BeGreen lives in the Pacific Northwest where we've had a record winter . So I'm thinking all this rain, snow, and cold weather has taken it's toll and then this big, bright ord appears today in the sky. Me Thinks BG has dropped over the edge. :-S

Sure, pick on the new guy. That is pretty much exactly like the wood furnace I have in my garage. No Aprils fools!
I'll post a pic later.

bcnu said:
I'm not so sure it's an April Fool joke. BeGreen lives in the Pacific Northwest where we've had a record winter . So I'm thinking all this rain, snow, and cold weather has taken it's toll and then this big, bright ord appears today in the sky. Me Thinks BG has dropped over the edge. :-S

Hope it wasn't the edge of the outhouse!

Backwoods Savage said:
bcnu said:

Hope it wasn't the edge of the outhouse!

Naw,he`s just getting a little giddy about now with that new toy. You know, the one ya stuff the wood in. ;-P

This is the way to live!!!!! What a setup.

I don't think it's a joke.....that's the stripper version of the Alderlea,isn't it?

Rats Titan, you've exposed me. I sold the castiron for scrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.