Tip Set Harman Ingition to Manual for Shoulder Season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpStateNY

Feeling the Heat
May 4, 2008
Catskill Mountains
During shoulder season a Harman stove with a functioning ignition set to AUTO will actually turn off the the stove when it gets too hot and then restart the stove automatically when the house cools down.

Unfortunately my igniter does not work and I am too cheap to replace it. After I start the stove with propane torch and the stove warms up, I make sure I switch the stove ignition switch to MANUAL. During our warm spring days this will prevent the stove from attempting to restart if the house gets too warm and has to shut down. If you have a functioning igniter that works most of the time it may be best to be on the safe side and set the ignition switch to MANUAL.

If you have an igniter that works everytime, by all means keep the ignition switch on AUTO.

60.00 for new one and a few minutes to put it in means I'll never run without it. I'm ABSOLUTELY SURE I saved more than that in the last 2 years in pellets. Auto it is for normal days and manual when it's below zero.
Ron.

same here..when it is cold i run it in manual...this time of yeah it's auto all the way..if the igniter goes i would buy a new one in a heartbeat..

Status
Not open for further replies.