1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Tips for when in a Blizzard

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by bogydave, Dec 24, 2011.

1. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    The Blizzard and the Blonde

It was snowing heavily and blowing to the point that visibility was almost zero when the little Blonde got off work. She made her way to her car and wondered how she was going to make it home. She sat in her car while it warmed up and thought about her situation. She finally remembered her daddy's advice that if she got caught in a blizzard she should wait for a snow-plow to come by and follow it. That way she would not get stuck in a snow drift.
    This made her feel much better and sure enough in a little while a snow-plow went by and she started to follow it. As she followed the snow-plow she was feeling very smug as they continued and she was not having any problem with the blizzard conditions.
    After an hour had passed, she was somewhat surprised when the snow-plow stopped and the driver got out and came back to her car and signaled for her to roll down her window. The snow-plow driver wanted to know if she was alright as she had been following him for a long time. She said that she was fine and told him of her daddy's advice to follow a snow-plow when caught in a blizzard.
    The driver replied that it was OK with him and she could continue if she wanted, but he was done with the Wal-Mart parking lot, and was going over to Sears next.
    :-S

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Adabiviak

Adabiviak Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Sierra Nevadas, California
    </rimshot>
  3. firecracker_77

firecracker_77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NWI office - 2 Heritages; Chicago home - Woodstock
    Hahahahah. Blizzards are scary! Got a gas stove in my house and a Generac added this year. My power went out February of this year when we had a blizzard. Furnace wouldn't work, and I was scared for my pipes. Won't have that problem this year.
  4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    I love a good blonde joke...as long as they leave use white haired people alone! :coolsmirk:
  5. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Yeah, what Jack said.
    MANY moons ago, while on the way home from a friends house, I almost got lost.
    Oh, and it was snowing very hard too. Probably less than 5 miles.
    I won't tell you what I'd been smoking. ;-P
  6. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Aw, you know I couldn't leave that one alone Jack -

Two elderly women were out driving in a large car. Both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red but they just went on through. The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself "I must be losing it, I could have sworn we just went through a red light".

After a few more minutes they came to another intersection and the light was red again and again they went right though. This time the woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red but was really concerned that she was losing it.

She was was getting nervous and decided to pay very close attention to the road and the next intersection to see what was going on. At the next intersection, sure enough, the light was definitely red and they went right through and she turned to the other woman and said, "Mildred! Did you know we just ran through three red lights in a row! You could have killed us!

Mildred turned to her and said "Oh, am I driving?"