Tired of bending over for the propane man....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went with a Quadra-fire Classic Bay insert.Supposed to ship today. Been doing some getting ready. Had to move the vent over one bay.

Put the cart in front of the horse........

Made the frame with furring strips and a pneumatic stapeler. Real easy.......

Waiting on delivery before I start with the backer board and tile. Just want to confirm some measurements prior to fixing anything inplace.

Just my 2 cents I would add some more support along the bottom to screw your backer board into along the bottom. You have enough pieces and the more support the better. The only other question I have is are you going to fill in the inside of the box with backer boart (cement board)? I do nto remember if the Quad has a zero clearance fireproof insert. If it does then there will be a space included under the stove which will requre you raise the hearth. If it doesn't then that is better you just tile/stone the whole floor and you are good to go on the insert.

Keep up the good work.

Rick

Yes, there is a optional zero clearance shroud which I did get, but I'm still going to line the box with cement board. There are louvers at the bottom that admit air for the circulating fan.

Second fire.Did the first one outside to burn it in.

Boxed in

figuring the tile out....

That looks great! To bad it will have to wait a summer to get use. Good luck with the tile looks like you picked a good color for it.

Just noticed your posting of the new install. Looks very nice! Congratulations so far.

Progress slowed by the start of skydiving season......

Status
Not open for further replies.