Tires: Deal ends 10/31 Cooper A/T3's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pen

There are some who call me...mod.
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
N.E. Penna
Cooper at/3's are not my number one pick of tires for my Highlander, but with a closeout / special deal and a 70 dollar rebate available until Halloween, I ended up only paying 82 bucks per tire total after free shipping, no tax, rebate, etc.

If you need tires for your truck SUV it might be worth checking out, I got this deal through tirerack.com

First time I've ever bought tires online, usually my local shops can do just as well as buying online, but this was a huge exception.

pen

Walmart puts Goodyears on sale every 6 months or so for under $100 that fit my Silverado.

Walmart puts Goodyears on sale every 6 months or so for under $100 that fit my Silverado.
Yeah but they are walmart spec tires. I bought one set of goodyears from them and never again. They were utter garbage.

Yeah but they are walmart spec tires. I bought one set of goodyears from them and never again. They were utter garbage.

Mine are 2 years old and I am very happy with them so far.

Mine are 2 years old and I am very happy with them so far.
Mine were noisy as hell from day one and i had them rebalanced 3 times in 2 months before tossing them.

Mine were noisy as hell from day one and i had them rebalanced 3 times in 2 months before tossing them.

Mine are not noisy at all plus they came with forever free flats,rebalance,mounting and rotation for an extra $29.00. I get them rebalanced and rotated every oil change. Oil changes are only $19.00. Hard to beat this deal.

Mine are not noisy at all plus they came with forever free flats,rebalance,mounting and rotation for an extra $29.00. I get them rebalanced and rotated every oil change. Oil changes are only $19.00. Hard to beat this deal.
Yeah i had that deal to they rebalanced them twice and said they were fine my shop couldnt get enough weight on to get 2 balanced. The final straw was when they pulled my truck out with the oil plug out of it. Then wanted to drive it back in with no oil to put the plug in and put new oil in.

Yeah i had that deal to they rebalanced them twice and said they were fine my shop couldnt get enough weight on to get 2 balanced. The final straw was when they pulled my truck out with the oil plug out of it. Then wanted to drive it back in with no oil to put the plug in and put new oil in.

Sounds like the Home Depot stores in the Bay Area.

Reactions: bholler
Cooper at/3'

I am in need of a new set of tires and was considering these, looks like my order will be placed. Thanks for the tip-- I also live very close to the distribution center so I will save even more.

Tires: Deal ends 10/31 Cooper A/T3's

So what happens, tires shipped to your house? Then what? You have to bring them to your mechanic, I'm sure they love that!

So what happens, tires shipped to your house? Then what? You have to bring them to your mechanic, I'm sure they love that!
Yeah i do it all the time. Tire rack has authorized mechanics that you can have them shipped to but i always just take them to my mechanic.

I checked they dont have the 34s i am going to need i have a set of them in 31 on the bronco now and i like them. But i want a little bigger.

Reactions: pen

If I buy the tires off the mechanic, he makes money on the tires. This way, he just charges for installation. 6 one, 1/2 dozen the other.

I do all my own work other than tire changing and alignments, I wouldn’t work with a mechanic that would have a problem with this, deal was too good to pass up. This wasn’t a 20 buck difference, it was more than 200 for my tire size.

First time ever for me, usually the tire rack price would be the same as what my mech can get, so I just get from him, but at this price, I had to bite.

If I buy the tires off the mechanic, he makes money on the tires. This way, he just charges for installation. 6 one, 1/2 dozen the other.

I do all my own work other than tire changing and alignments, I wouldn’t work with a mechanic that would have a problem with this, deal was too good to pass up. This wasn’t a 20 buck difference, it was more than 200 for my tire size.

First time ever for me, usually the tire rack price would be the same as what my mech can get, so I just get from him, but at this price, I had to bite.

Yeah i pretty much do everything my self as well. I have been keeping my eye out for a good deal on a tire setup but havnt found one yet.

Yeah i pretty much do everything my self as well. I have been keeping my eye out for a good deal on a tire setup but havnt found one yet.

I always use tirerack and others for research, but the local shop really has great prices, and I can’t do better getting tires online.

I don’t even need tires yet, the deal popped up in a tracking ad, and I couldn’t pass it up. I love the Hankook ATM tires, and they are normally comparably priced to these. Friends running the coopers don’t seem to get as much mileage out of them as with the hankooks, but for the deal, I’ll trade some mileage.

I've had very good luck with Cooper tires. I run them on our motorhome, and my GMC truck. Well respected around here.

If you don't need them right away, Discount Tire runs some pretty great sales this time of year. They just had one end that you got $100 off anything over $400, and I ended up getting 4 265/60/18 Michelin Defender LTX for $610. I had to place 2 orders but saved $200 and they do free shipping.