Todays splitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
Working on 18/19 wood, safe to say I am 3+ years ahead. A couple of hours of work with the Ariens 22T. I only got through about 1/3 of the pile of rounds I had stashed over the last few months (Pic #1 goes 5-6 rows back). All hardwoods, a good mix of black cherry, non-eab ash, and maple that my neighbor was kind enough to save for me. I love black cherry and there was a lot more than I remembered getting. I had a large shagbark Hickory come down in the yard, so I needed to make room in my holding pen before I buck it up. Here's a little photo candy for you guys.

IMG_6563.jpg

IMG_6564.jpg

Very nice. I'm into a well issue/job on my prop and am jealous of all u guys who are getting there wood fix on. I don't even have time to fill the shed right now. Nice splitter too.

It stacked out to be about 1.5 cord. Seen on the left front stack. My stacks are beginning to look like a fort.

image_2.jpe

Very nice...

Thanks all! I'm probably sitting on 10 cord or so c/s/s. And thanks for the lawn compliment. I take pride in my 2 acres of green lawn, especially this year in the drought. It is the only green one around!

And thanks for the lawn compliment. I take pride in my 2 acres of green lawn
As you should. Imma lawn and landscape guy...........and that's some nice turf, which doesn't happen on its own. Similar wood stock here, 12+/-. Itching to get some ash and hedge I dropped in July. R u mostly a tarp user?

As you should. Imma lawn and landscape guy...........and that's some nice turf, which doesn't happen on its own. Similar wood stock here, 12+/-. Itching to get some ash and hedge I dropped in July. R u mostly a tarp user?

Tarps, yes. The ones in the forefront picture are a pain, and are starting to look raggy. The back row has an old pool cover on it, which I love. It has kept a dark color and covers the full 28 foot stretch no problem. I have another one to use for the new front row when it is ready.

I wondered about the back one. I'm trying to find more 1/8" rubber roofing for cheap, but that's rare. Never tried pool covers, but may with how many seem to like them. Nice stacks.

Thanks. My in-laws replaced their large in ground pool cover last year. It was a jackpot for me. I measured out the width I needed for each pallet stack and cut it into strips. The others were cheapy HD tarps that are 2-3 years old, they don't really fit the stack right and annoy the hell outa me and probably will be replaced soon.

Same here, hate tarps. Always looking to replace them.

I bought a 20ft by 100ft roll of 6mil plastic that has been working well. Ill start a thread and show you how I use it when I get time tonphoto the wood piles.

I usually just use tin to cover my stacks. Use what u got and its covered is all that matters!

Working on 18/19 wood, safe to say I am 3+ years ahead. A couple of hours of work with the Ariens 22T. I only got through about 1/3 of the pile of rounds I had stashed over the last few months (Pic #1 goes 5-6 rows back). All hardwoods, a good mix of black cherry, non-eab ash, and maple that my neighbor was kind enough to save for me. I love black cherry and there was a lot more than I remembered getting. I had a large shagbark Hickory come down in the yard, so I needed to make room in my holding pen before I buck it up. Here's a little photo candy for you guys.

View attachment 184210

View attachment 184211
Just tell your wife you have some good hardwood ready for her this winter and see what she says.;)

Reactions: Nelson
Shouldn't firewood be at the top of that list in somewhat larger letters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.