Today's wood haul :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric-holmes

Mar 29, 2014
Arkansas
I had a couple of large pin oaks fall on my back property. This is just from a couple of its branches. I haven't made it down to the big trunk yet. It's probably 30-36" across. I'm going to have to do some thinking on how to get it out.

That's a 20" bar on my Stihl to give you a size reference.

image.jpeg

That's just the limbs??!! Wow! good luck with the trunks. Oughta be a season, or two's, worth.

Nice rounds gonna be great burning in a few years. Can you get a truck back to it when it is dry out. Do you have access to a tractor? Even an atv and a trailer.

Problem solved let the tractor do the heavy lifting, you just need to cut split and stack.

Looks like plenty of BTU's to me.........

Sweet! That'll be primo firewood when it's dry.

I've got a decent size tractor now, I've been watching the guy on youtube pull stumps with a little 20hp one using block and tackle rigging, let me to you, its awesome and I highly recommend you at least watch a couple videos, it will give plenty idea's. When I get home from work ill look the guy up and post a youtube link.

I've got a decent size tractor now, I've been watching the guy on youtube pull stumps with a little 20hp one using block and tackle rigging, let me to you, its awesome and I highly recommend you at least watch a couple videos, it will give plenty idea's. When I get home from work ill look the guy up and post a youtube link.
I'd love to see that!

Status
Not open for further replies.