Todays Woodcutting (pic heavy)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

certified106

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2010
Athens, Ohio
Finally got back out to take down that standing piece of Red Oak. I was going to rope and pull it but the only way I could get a good pull on it was against the lean so I said forget it and dropped it into the lean. Here are the pics from that adventure. It cam down real nice and easy and fell where I planned on it hitting. It did roll a bit after hitting the ground though.

Dropped

First piece of that tree.

Second Piece

Third Piece (you can see where the top broke out)

Reactions: Lewiston
After that tree I moved on to this one

Branches Cleared Out

First log off of that one

Bucking some of the top and the saw ran out of gas...O Well I needed a break anyways!

Full Load off the top

Here are a few pics of the logs from today. I also cleaned up a small Hickory that was blown down.

I am waiting on some cold weather to get started on the pile of logs from all the trail cleanup after this summer's storms.

That is a lot of wood for one day. Is that second tree Chestnut Oak?

Reactions: ScotO
Nice logs = nice rounds=nice splits= nice BTU's in the stove= nice heat for the family. Great Job Im jealous.

That's a heck of a lot of good wood to be dealing with for one day! Good work!

Looks good certified106, what temps did you have today?
zap

Great job & pics.You definitely deserve a rest tonight.

Reactions: certified106
That little Kubota is a Beast! Nice work getting all that cleaned up...

Little R & R is needed after some work like that ;)

Thanks for the pics

Nice, clean work. Job well done. Forgot waiting for the temps to drop, start splitting now. I love breakin into a nasty sweat when I split:cool:

I got tired just looking a t the pictures.
Great days work & then some ;)
few billion BTUs in 1 day!

Looks good certified106, what temps did you have today?
zap
Zap, It was hot.....Probably around 90°. I know when I took off my chaps it looked like I jumped in the creek! Drank a ton of water.

That is a lot of wood for one day. Is that second tree Chestnut Oak?

I'm not sure......It's definitely an oak of some kind though. It's red enough to look like red oak on the inside but I was thinking Black Oak with the heavy bark.

That little Kubota is a Beast! Nice work getting all that cleaned up...

Little R & R is needed after some work like that ;)

Thanks for the pics

I love the Kubota! There are a few times when I wish it was a little larger but it so easy to get in and out of the woods with it and the front bucket comes in handy so often I don't know what I would do without it!

Reactions: chvymn99
That second tree is definately a chestnut oak. It looks like the first tree (the one that snapped off) is a white oak, looking at the bark anyway. Either way you slice it, that looks like a great day in the woods and that little Kubota did a hell of a nice job draggin. I see a milling log in the butt of that one tree........looks like a nice straight trunk with very few blems in it....

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Scotty, every one of those oak pieces I drug out of the woods is straight enough to mill......To bad I don't have a mill <>
I have 4 more oaks just like them that still need to be cleaned up, one Elm, and probably 4-5 large Buckeye trees. Yeah I still have my work cut out for me.

Thanks for the pics. It would be a vacation to me to be on an operation like yours for the day.

Reactions: ScotO
Zap, It was hot.....Probably around 90°. I know when I took off my chaps it looked like I jumped in the creek! Drank a ton of water.

No doubt. We hit 90 yesterday and 91 today. Rain getting close to us now so that will cool things off.

Status
Not open for further replies.